Mời quý thầy cô và các em cùng tham khảo Bài tập đọc hiểu luyện thi lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh được trích từ nội dung dưới đây:
Jack London (1876 – 1916) is an American writer whose work combined powerful realism and humanitarian sentiment. He was (16) ........ in San Francisco. After finishing grammar (17) ..........., Jack London worked at various jobs and in 1897 and 1898 he participated (18)........... the Alaska Gold Rush. Upon his return to the San Francisco area, he began to (19) ............ about his experiences. A collection of his short stories, The Son of the Golf, was (20) ............ in 1900. Jack’s colourful life, during which he wrote more than 50 books and which included enormous popular successes as an (21) .........., ended in his suicide at the (22) ........... of 40.
Many of his stories including his masterpiece The Call of the Wild deal with the reversion of a civilized creature to the primitive state. Jack London’s style – brutal, vivid and exciting – (23) ........... him enormously popular outside the United States; His (24) ........ were translated into many languages. Jack’s important works include People of the Abyss about the poor in London; the Sea Wolf, a novel based on the author’s experiences on a seal hunting ship; John Barleycorn , an autobiographical novel about Jack’s struggle (25)............. alcoholism.
1: A. grown B. born C. developed D. lived
2: A. lessons B. course C. notes D. school
3: A. in B. to C. at D. of
4: A. speak B. read C. talk D. write
5: A. printed B. ordered C. sold D. published
6: A. architect B. author C. actor D. orator
7: A. moment B. age C. time D. year
8: A. gave B. let C. made D. did
9: A. speeches B. sayings C. words D. works
10: A. to B. for C. against D. of
There’s much more water than land on the (31) ___ of the earth. The seas and oceans cover nearly (32) ___ of the whole world, and only one-fifth of (33) ___ land. If you traveled over the earth in different directions, you would have to spend (34) ___ more of your time (35) ___ on water that on roads or railways. We sometimes forget that for every mile of land (36) ___ four miles of water.
There’s so much water in the surface of our earth that we (37) ___ to use two words to describe. We use the word SEAS (38) ___ those parts of water surface which (39) ___ only few hundreds of mile, the word OCEANS to describe the huge area of water (40) ___ are thousands of miles wide and very deep.
1. A. cover B. surface C. outer D. outside
2. A. four-fives B. four-fifth C. four fifths D. fourth-fifths
3. A. it is B. it’s C. its D. them are
4. A. many B. much C. few D. too
5. A. to move B. move C. moved D. moving
6. A. there are B. there is C. there has D. have
7. A. must B. should C. have D. would
8. A. describing B. describes C. describe D. to describe
9. A. is B. are C. has D. will be
10. A. that’s B. which C. where D. whose
A VISIT TO LONDON
Jane’s family decided to go to London last week because they want to __(1)__ a tour. The sight in London was so __(2)__ that she’s been there a few days but it __(3)__ to her only to be yesterday. It means __(4)__ she enjoyed the trip so much. She and her father stayed __(5)__ a very big hotel __(6)__ two hundred rooms. From there, they can __(7)__ reach Hyde Park, __(8)__ very big park in London. In here, people can buy from a needle __(9)__ an elephant in two best__(10)__ streets, Regent Street and Oxford Street.
1. A. do B. make C. work D. have
2. A. interest B. interesting C. interested D. interestingly
3. A. makes B. thinks C. does D. seems
4. A. that B. is that C. that is D. that was
5. A. for B. on C. in D. to
6. A. have B. has C. with D. to with
7. A. easiness B. easily C. easy D. uneasy
8. A. the B. a which C. is a D. a
9. A. with B. and C. or D. to
10. A. shopping B. selling C. trading D. shop
Isaac Newton, one of the __(1)__ scientists, was born __(2)__ December 25th, 1642 in a small village __(3)__ Wool Thorpe in England. His father was a poor __(4)__. When the boy was fourteen, his father died. Newton __(5)__ school and helped his mother on the farm. __(6)__ he was fun __(7)__ physics and mathematics, Newton was sent to school. __(8)__ he left high school, Newton studied at Cambridge University. In 1667 he became __(9)__ professor on mathematics at the university. His greatest discovery is the __(10)__ of gravitation. He died in 1727.
1. A. great B. greatest C. most great D. greater
2. A. in B. on C. at D. a and b
3. A. in B. at C. on D. of
4. A. farmer B. apprentice C. bookbinder D. blacksmith
5. A. went B. sent C. left D. run
6. A. So B. So that C. Because D. Because of
7. A. in B. of C. at D. about
8. A. For B. While C. Before D. After
9. A. an B. one C. a D. the
10. A. law B. invention C. foundation D. operation
NANCY LEE JOHNSON
Nancy Lee Johnson was a __(1)__ girl. She was smart, pretty and __(2)__ in well with the life of her school. One Thursday afternoon, Miss O’Shay, the vice-principal, __(3)__ Nancy that the girl’s pictures had won the Artist Club __(4)__. Nancy was very happy at the news. She __(5)__ have danced al the way home through the rain.
But the __(6)__ didn’t let Nancy get the scholarship __(7)__ because they found that she was a __(8)__ student and they said that the __(9)__ of the coloured student in the local art school might __(10)__ difficulties for all concerned.
1. A. colour B. coloured C. colouful D. colourless
2. A. fit B. fitted C. fix D. interested
3. A. asked B. spoke C. said D. told
4. A. scholar B. committee C. punishment D. scholarship
5. A. can B. may C. must D. might
6. A. jury B. committee C. statesman D. champion
7. A. just B. right C. one D. yet
8. A. black B. Negro C. colour D. white
9. A. attend B. attendance C. present D. presence
10. A. give B. form C. create D. draw
Để xem thêm bài đọc hiểu hay khác, quý thầy cô và các em cùng download BST Bài tập đọc hiểu luyện thi lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh về tham khảo nhé (hoàn toàn miễn phí)!