Đề KT HK1 Tiếng anh 12 - Đề số 1
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. frightened B. stamped C. walked D. laughed
2. A. résumé B. statistics C. position D. designer
3. A. hands B. occasions C. associates D. others
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others
3. A. economics B. sociology C. archeology D. psychology
4. A. convenient B. comprehension C. environment D. pollution
5. A. remember B. questions C. accept D. decide
6. Books are still a cheap way to get information and………
A. entertainment B. entertain C. entertaining D. entertainer
7. The journey was the most difficult for the old dog, but ……..he found the strength to make it.
A. amazingly B. amaze C. amazing D. amazement
8. Yesterday morning I got up and looked for the old dog. The sun was shining but the ground was very wet. It………
A. has been raining B. rained C. had rained D. had been raining
9. John won £20,000, half of……he gave to his parents.
A. it B. which C. whom D. that
10. You won’t pass the examination………..you study more
A.unless B. as long as C. if D. whether
11. The National Curriculum…….by the government.
A. will set B. set C. is setting D. is set
12. ………should try to make good impression on interviews.
A. Apply B. Applicants C. Applying D. Applied
13. Our company wants to take in those who are……….for the job.
A. available B. useful C. qualified D. good
14. His mother, …………….is a bank executive, is very intelligent.
A. who B. that C. which D. she