Đề luyện thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh 2011 - Đề số 1
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1.- “May I go out for just a while?”
A. It’s a nice day! B. That’s great! C. Go ahead! D. Yes, you could!
2. Tidal waves are the result of an abrupt shift in the underwater________ of the earth.
A. movement B. moment C. pollution D. celebration
3. Thousands of lives were saved________ the scientists had warned them about the tsunami.
A. although B. however C. because D. therefore
4. Jane often drinks coffee in the evening, ________?
A. doesn’t Jane B. does not she C. does she D. doesn’t she
5. I suggest that you ________ buy a present for her on her birthday.
A. may B. can C. should D. will
6. He wants to know________ we will have the seminar at the Town Hall.
A. what B. when C. that D. where
7. - “Rita, I’d like________ a friend of mine, Lucie.”
- “Pleased to meet you, Lucie!”
A. to meet you B. introduce you to C. you see D. you to meet
8. The match takes place________ Saturday afternoon this week.
A. of B. on C. after D. to
9. She is the girl ________ eyes are beautiful.
A. her B. whom C. whose D. those
10. - “Why don’t we go to the cinema now?”
A. Will you join us? B. Yes, let’s! C. I’d like it. D. What play is it?
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. The best defense against tsunamis are early warning that allows people to seek higher ground.
12. Lyn asked Dan that she would come to the meeting the following day.
III. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
One good reason for people to learn a foreign language is work. If your work involves regular contact with (13) ________ of foreign languages, being able to talk to them in their own languages will help you to communicate with them. It may also help you to make sales and to negotiate and secure contracts. Knowledge of foreign language may also increase your chances of (14) ________ a new job, getting a promotion or a transfer overseas, or of going on foreign business (15) ________.
Many English-speaking business people don’t bother to learn other languages because they believe (16) ________ most of the people they do business with in foreign countries can speak English, and if they don’t speak English, interpreters can help. The (17) ________ of foreign language knowledge puts the English speakers at a disadvantage. In meetings, for example, the people on the other side can discuss things among themselves in their own language without the English speakers understanding, and using interpreters slows everything down. In any socialising after the meetings, the locals will probably (18) ________ more comfortable using their own language rather than English.
13. A. talkers B. sayers C. tellers D. speakers
14.A. looking B. finding C. applying D. offering
15.A. trips B. journeys C. tours D. holidays
16.A. what B. when C. that D. how
17.A. use B. study C. fluency D. lack
18.A. know B. feel C. behave D. come