Bộ đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012 sẽ giúp cho các em học sinh có thể tự học, tự ôn tập, luyện tập và tự đánh giá năng lực tiếp thu kiến thức, nâng cao khả năng giải bài tập Tiếng Anh của mình. Tài liệu mang tính chất tham khảo. Chúc các bạn học tốt.
Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012
Tóm tắt nội dung
Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
PART I. LISTENING
You are going to hear a talk about security in the UK. Listen to the talk and complete the statements below by writing no more than THREE words in the spaces provide.
You will hear the talk TWICE.
• Don’t carry more (1)________ than you need for daily expenses.
• When you stay at a hotel, ask the (2)_______ to keep your valuables in hotel (3)________.
• Don’t keep a note of the serial (4)________ together with your traveler’s cheques.
• You should carry wallets and purses in an (5)________ pocket or a handbag.
• Your passport, (6) ____________ and other important documents should be taken special care of.
• You can leave your (7) _________ luggage in a luggage office at most large stations and pick it up later.
• It’s necessary to keep the receipt and check the (8) _________ hours when you leave your luggage at the station.
• The (9) _________ Property Office can be found at both (10) __________ and the station.
PART II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among four options (A, B, C or D).
1. He's really shy _______ girl.
A. by B. at C. for D. with
2. The teacher _______ her to improve her drawing.
A. insisted B. encouraged C. made D. persisted
3. I couldn't quite ______ what they were doing because they were so far away.
A. bear out B. make out C. think out D. try out
4. The meal Mary cooked tastes_______.
A. well B. nice C. good D. worse
5. ______ at the party, we saw Ruth standing alone.
A. Arriving B. We arrived C. Arrived D. We were arriving
6. The people who______ the survey said that they had examined over 1,000 accidents.
A. gave B. proceed C. set D. conducted
7. The judge found him ______ of stealing and sent him to prison.
A. evil B. innocent C. guilty D. wicked
8. The house we have rented is______. So we will have to buy some beds, chairs, tables, etc.
A. unrestored B. unrepaired C. unfurnished D. undecorated
9. He was turned down for the job because he is ________.
A. qualified B. qualifying C. unqualified D. qualification
10. The trouble started only______ the other man came into the room.
A. when B. until C. and then D. too soon
11. _______, the disaster would not have happened.
A. Had you have obeyed the orders B. You had obeyed the orders
C. You obeyed the orders D. Had you obeyed the orders
12. _______ had booked in advance were allowed in.
A. Only who B. Only those who
C. Only who were those D. Only were those who
13. Traveling alone to a jungle is adventurous, ________.
A. if not impossible B. if it not impossible
C. when not impossible D. when it not impossible
14. I ______ the hot weather in the south.
A. use to B. used to C. am use to D. am used to
15. The meat looked very _______ to the dog.
A. invited B. invite C. inviting D. invitingly
II. Use the correct form of each word on the right to complete the numbered spaces provided in the passage. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
The mysteries of the skies
Three hundred and fifty years before the first men looked down on the amazingly beautiful surface of the moon from close quarters, Galileo’s newly built telescope (1) _____________ him to look at the edge of the hitherto mysterious sphere. He saw that the apparently (2) _____________ surface was not divinely smooth and round, but bumpy and imperfect. He realized that although the moon might appear (3) _____________, resembling a still life painted by the hand of a cosmic (4) ____________, it was a real world, perhaps not very different from our own. This amounted to a great (5) _____________ hardly to be expected in his day and age, although nowadays his (6) _____________ may appear to some to be trivial and (7) _____________.
Not long after Galileo lunar’s observations, the skies which had previously been so (8) _____________ revealed more of their extraordinary mysteries. Casting around for further wonders, Galileo focused his lens on the (9) _____________ planet of Jupiter. Nestling next to it, he saw four little points of light circling the distant planet. Our moon it appeared, perhaps (10) ____________ in the eyes of those fearful of what the discovery might mean, was not alone!
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.