Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 15 đề số 2 năm 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Given the conditional statement: “If two lines are parallel, then the lines do not intersect.” Which of the following conditionals is equivalent to the given statement?
A. “If two lines do not intersect, then the lines are parallel.”
B. “If two lines intersect, then the lines are not parallel.”
C. “If two lines are not parallel, then the lines intersect.”
D. “If two lines are not parallel, then the lines do not intersect.”
E. “If two lines do not intersect, then the lines are not parallel.”
2. What is the area of an equilateral triangle inscribed in a circle of radius 4 cm?
A. 12 cm2 B. 16 cm2 C. 12√2 cm2 D. 12√3 cm2 E. 16√3 cm2
3. In the diagram, ABCD is a parallelogram, and BFDE is a square. If AB = 20 cm and CF = 16 cm, what is the perimeter of the parallelogram ABCD ?
A. 72 cm B. 78 cm C. 86 cm D. 92 cm E. 96 cm
4. A company sells peanut butter in cylindrical jars. Marketing research suggests that using wider jars will increase sales. If the diameter of the jars is increased by 25% without altering the volume, by what percent must the height be decreased?
A. 20% B. 25% C. 36% D. 56.25% E. 64%
5. Three sides of a regular hexagon, no two of which share a vertex of the hexagon, are extended to form a triangle. The perimeter of the triangle thus formed is how many times the perimeter of the original hexagon?
A. 3/2 B. 2 C. 5/2 D. 3 E. 2√3
6. In ΔABC shown, D is some interior point, and x, y, z, w are the measures of the indicated angles in degrees. Solve for x in terms of y, z, and w.
A. x = w − y − z B. x = w − 2y − 2z
C. x = 2w − y − z D. x = 180°− w + y + z
E. x = 180°+ w − y − z
7. Given three segments of length x, 11− x , and x − 4 , respectively. Which of the following indicates the set of all numbers x such that the three segments could be the lengths of the sides of a triangle?
A. x < 4 B. 0 < x < 11
C. 4 < x < 11 D. 5 < x < 7
E. 5 < x < 11
8. Which of the following sets of triples could not be the lengths of the sides of an obtuse triangle?
A. 2, 2, 3 B. 2, 3, 4 C. 3, 3, 5 D. 4, 5, 7 E. 5, 6, 7
9. A 25-foot ladder is placed against a vertical wall of a building. The foot of the ladder is 7 feet from the base of the building. If the top of the ladder slips 4 feet down the wall, how far will the foot of the ladder slide away from the wall?
A. 4 feet B. 5 feet C. 8 feet D. 9 feet E. 15 feet
10. A rhombus is formed by two radii and two chords of a circle whose radius is 16 cm. Find the area of the rhombus.
A. 128 cm2 B. 128√3 cm2 C. 256 cm2 D. 256√3 cm2
E. None of them
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 15 đề số 2 năm 2013