Bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 19 đề số 2 năm 2013 là một trong những BST đặc sắc của eLib, được chọn lọc từ hàng trăm mẫu tư liệu một cách kỹ lưỡng, mời các bạn tham khảo đoạn trích sau đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Daniel cut the corner off a cube as shown in the diagram above. Points A, B and C are the midpoints of the edges of the cube. What type of threedimensional figure has been cut off?
A. cone B. cube
C. triangular prism D. triangular pyramid
E. None of them
2. Pippi calculates her total earnings for the month with the equation E = 15m + 5b, where E is the total number of dollars she earns, m is the number of lawns she mows, and b is the number of hours she baby-sits. If Pippi mows 6 lawns, how many hours must she baby-sit to earn a total of $200?
A. 10 B. 20 C. 45 D. 40 E. 22
3. George wants to conduct a survey to determine the types of music that the students want at a school dance. Which sample population should George survey to represent the entire student body?
A. survey the teachers
B. survey the captain from each sports team
C. randomly survey two people from each homeroom class
D. randomly survey 50 people from the freshman class
E. randomly survey 50 people from the junior class
4. Gene has a cylinder with radius 4 inches and height 2 inches. He cut the cylinder in half along the length of the diameter, as shown in the diagram above. What is the area of the shaded cross-section?
A. 48π square inches B. 24π square inches
C. 8 square inches D. 12 square inches
E. 16 square inches
5. A system of equations is shown above. What is the solution to the system of equations?
A. x = 1, y = 1 B. x = 3, y = 5 C. x = 7, y = –1 D. x = 19, y = 1
E. x = 19, y = 2
6. Carlos and Tiesha empty a bag of 100 colored candies and count the number of each color, as shown in the chart shown above. They return all the candies to the bag and shake the bag. Carlos removes 5 candies, 2 of which are blue. Tiesha then pulls out one candy. What is the probability that Tiesha pulls out a blue candy?
A. 6.67% B. 19.9% C. 15.00% D. 15.79% E. 13.68%
7. Which of these ordered pairs is on the graph of 3x - 2y = 12?
A. (–6, 0) B. (0, 4) C. (3, 4) D. (4, 1) E. (4, 0)
8. The Raymond Institute increased the number of mathematicians on its staff over the years 1996–2000. The number of mathematicians at the Raymond Institute for each of those years is shown in the table above. If the pattern in the table continues, how many mathematicians will be at the Raymond Institute in 2004?
A. 62 B. 74 C. 95 D. 89 E. 84
9. The line y = -(1/3)x + 2 is graphed on the grid above. Which of these is parallel to the graphed line?
A. y = (1/3)x + 2 B. y = – 3x + 2 C. y = 2x + 1/3 D. y = - (1/3)x + 3
E. y = (1/3)x + 3
10. Coach Nelson is designing a new park that will have both a baseball diamond and a softball diamond. The baseball diamond will have the same dimensions as the softball diamond. A diagram of the park with the placement of the softball diamond is shown above. The position of the baseball diamond will be determined by the reflection of the image of the softball diamond about the line y = x. What are the coordinates of the reflected image of point C?
A. (3, 9) B. (9, –3) C. (–9, 3) D. (–3, –9) E. (3, –9)
Thư viện eLib mong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 19 đề số 2 năm 2013
sẽ giúp cho các em có thêm nguồn tư liệu hữu ích.