Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 19 năm 2013. Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Simplify the algebraic expression: 5(x + 3)(x + 2) − 3(x2 + 2x + 1).
A. 2x2 + 7 B. 2x2 + 27
C. 2x2 + 7x + 7 D. 2x2 + 19x + 7
E. 2x2 + 5x - 8
2. Mr. Harmon is planning to sell his house and wants to paint all the rooms. A can of paint costs $12.95 plus 7.75% sales tax and covers about 476 square feet. What other information is needed to determine the number of cans of paint Mr. Harmon needs to purchase?
A. The number of rooms in the house
B. The area in square feet to be painted
C. The total cost of each can of paint
D. The name of the store where Mr. Harmon will buy the paint
E. None of them
3. Of the 800 students at a local high school, 200 students have no siblings, 318 students have one sibling, 160 students have two siblings, and the rest of the students have three or more siblings. Use the key above to find the circle graph that best represents this information.
E. None of them
4. Which expression can be used to find the values of s(n) in the table above?
A. 3n B. 5n C. n + 4 D. 3n + 2 E. 7n
5. A rectangle has an area of 144 square inches and a perimeter of 50 inches. What are the dimensions of the rectangle?
A. 10 in. by 15 in. B. 9 in. by 16 in.
C. 8 in. by 18 in. D. 4 in. by 36 in.
E. 4 in. by 63 in.
6. Which coordinate points represent the x- and y-intercepts of the graph shown below?
A. (0, −4) and (6, 0) B. (0, 6) and (0, 4)
C. (6, 0) and (−4, 0) D. (0, 6) and (0, −4)
E. (−4, 0) and (0, 6)
7. The school drama club plans to attend a Shakespeare festival in 6 weeks. The total cost per person is $185.75. The club has $296 in its account and will divide the money equally among the 8 members who attend the festival. Troy is planning to attend the festival and has already saved $55. How much more money does Troy need in order to cover his cost to attend the festival?
A. $93.75 B. $110.25 C. $148.75 D. $173.75 E. $178.75
8. What will happen to the slope of line p if the line is shifted so that the y-intercept increases and the x-intercept remains the same?
A. The slope will change from positive to negative.
B. The slope will change from negative to positive.
C. The slope will increase.
D. The slope will decrease.
E. The slope won't change.
9. At what coordinates should vertex Z be placed to create a quadrilateral WXYZ that is similar to quadrilateral PQRS?
A. (16, 20) B. (24, 24) C. (20, 20) D. (16, 24) E. (24, 16)
10. The blueprint dimensions for a newly constructed house are proportional to the house’s actual dimensions. On the blueprints the house’s foundation measures 75 centimeters long by 40 centimeters wide. If the house’s foundation measures 15 meters long, what is the foundation’s actual width?
A. 60 m B. 28.1 m C. 50 m D. 200 m E. 8 m
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 19 năm 2013
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!