Kì thi Olympic Tiếng Anh trên mạng là một kì thi quan trọng đối với các em học sinh đam mê học Tiếng Anh. Chính vì vậy, các em cần nỗ lực ôn tập nhiều hơn với nhiều đề thi có cấu trúc cụ thể. Hi vọng, Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 21 đề số 2 năm 2013 này hữu ích cho kì ôn tập của các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!
Tóm tắt Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 21 đề số 2 năm 2013
Đây là một phần trích dẫn trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 21 đề số 2 năm 2013. Mời các bạn tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Three candidates are running for mayor in the town of Morganville. The local newspaper conducted two surveys asking potential voters for whom they plan to vote. Survey 1 was taken six months before the election and Survey 2 was taken three months before the election. The results of the two surveys are shown above. Based on the results of both surveys, which of these statements is true?
A. Crawford will definitely win the election.
B. More people will vote for Baxter than Adams in the election.
C. Crawford is spending the most money of the three candidates.
D. Baxter gained voter support between Survey 1 and Survey 2.
E. None of them.
2. An ecologist owns 188,000 square feet of land. She wants to plant trees on 18% of her land. How many square feet of land will be used for planting? Round the answer to the nearest square foot.
A. 10,444 square feet
B. 18,800 square feet
C. 33,840 square feet
D. 135,360 square feet
E. 271,720 square feet
3. Barbara visits Japan and Australia on her vacation. The exchange rates between United States dollars and the currencies of the countries she is visiting are shown above. When she arrives in Australia, she still has 10,500 Japanese yen. How much is this worth in Australian dollars?
A. 64.72 Australian dollars
B. 99.53 Australian dollars
C. 384.62 Australian dollars
D. 171.97 Australian dollars
E. 162.23 Australian dollars
4. The table above contains coordinates for two endpoints of a circle’s diameter. Which of these points is the center of the circle?
A. (0, 5) B. (2, 0) C. (6, 5) D. (1, 5) E. (2, 10)
5. In order to test the effectiveness of a new drug designed to lower blood pressure, a medical researcher creates two testing groups. The dose group will receive the new drug while the other group will be the control group. The control group will receive a placebo, a pill that looks like the real drug but contains no medication at all. Participants will not know whether they are taking the drug or the placebo until after the experiment ends. What is the role of the control group in this experiment?
A. to assure that everyone in the dose group takes the drug
B. to verify that the placebo has no effect on experiment participants
C. to assure that the people with the highest blood pressure get to take the drug
D. to verify that any effects seen in the dose group are actually related to the drug
E. none of them
6. At an electronics store, Kara earns a 5% commission on her sales. The table above shows her sales for four weeks. What was Kara’s total commission for these four weeks?
A. $12 B. $40 C. $120 D. $160 E. $480
7. A lamp company is designing a light fixture with 6 bulbs. The bulbs are located at the end of six congruent supports as shown above. All the bulbs are evenly spaced around the lamp. What is the approximate measure of the angle (x) between each support?
A. 30° B. 60° C. 120° D. 180° E. 240°
8. The graph above contains pricing information for The Chopper, a kitchen tool that is advertised on television. The price depends on how soon a customer calls after the end of the advertisement. Approximately how much more would a customer who orders 3 Choppers 23 minutes after the end of the television advertisement pay than a customer who orders 2 Choppers 17 minutes after the advertisement?
A. $15 B. $35 C. $40 D. $55 E. $70
9. The United States imported 9.75 million barrels of petroleum per day in 1999. This represents approximately one-half of the daily petroleum demand in the United States. A barrel holds 42 gallons. According to this information, what was the United States’ daily petroleum demand, in gallons, in 1999?
A. 85 million gallons
B. 205 million gallons
C. 397 million gallons
D. 495 million gallons
E. 819 million gallons
10. Look at the figures above. Which of these describes the relationship between Figure 1 and Figure 2?
A. Figure 2 is a translation of Figure 1.
B. Figure 2 is a 180° rotation of Figure 1.
C. Figure 2 is a vertical reflection of Figure 1.
D. Figure 2 is a horizontal reflection of Figure 1.
E. None of them.
BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 21 đề số 2 năm 2013
là một trong những BST trong hàng trăm ngàn tài liệu miễn phí được đông đảo quý bạn đọc và thành viên chia sẻ và dưới sự kiểm duyệt của eLib nhằm cho ra đời những BST chất lượng. Cùng tham khảo bạn nhé!