Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 23 năm 2014. Mời quý thầy cô và các em cùng tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. In 1790, the United States had a population of approximately 4,000,000 people, as shown on the graph above. According to the graph, in what year had the population grown to approximately twice that number?
A. 1797 B. 1808 C. 1813 D. 1822 E. 1840
2. An environmental group needed to determine the number of palmetto palms in a nature preserve. The group used a map of the preserve and counted the number of palmetto palms within a square section. Assuming that the number of palmetto palms within the square section is representative of the entire nature preserve, which is closest to the number of palmetto palms within the entire nature preserve?
A. 4 B. 40 C. 1000 D. 900 E. 650
3. Robert is making a landscape drawing for his backyard on the coordinate grid above. He is drawing a path. One side of the path represented by ST is already drawn. He wants to draw the other side of the path through point R and point Q so that QR will be parallel to ST . Which of the following coordinates for point Q would make QR parallel to ST ?
A. (-6, 2) B. (-7, 0) C. (6, 2) D. (7, 0) E. (6, 0)
4. An artist sells earrings from a booth at a fair. Rent for the booth is $250. The artist makes $6 from each pair of earrings sold. The profit in dollars, P, can be found using the following equation: P = 6n - 250, where n is the number of pairs of earrings sold. How many pairs of earrings must the artist sell to earn a profit of $500 ?
A. 50 B. 75 C. 100 D. 115 E. 125
5. A jeweler made earrings by cutting wedges from silver disks. Each wedge cut from a disk made a 40° angle at the center of the disk. If the weight of each uncut disk was 2.7 grams, how many grams did each wedge weigh?
A. 0.27 B. 0.30 C. 0.45 D. 0.56 E. 0.67
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 23 năm 2014
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!