Đồng hành cùng người học, đó là tiêu chí hàng đầu của thư viện eLib. Vì vậy, nhằm hỗ trợ các bạn học sinh đang chuẩn bị cho kì thi Olympic Tiếng Anh trên mạng có thêm nhiều tài liệu học tập và luyện thi, chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 24 đề số 1 năm 2013. Chúc các bạn thành công!
Tóm tắt Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 24 đề số 1 năm 2013
Mời quý thầy cô và các em cùng tham khảo đoạn nội dung được trích từ bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 24 đề số 1 năm 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. In 1790, the United States had a population of approximately 4,000,000 people, as 8 shown on the graph above. According to the graph, in what year had the population grown to approximately twice that number?
A. 1797 B. 1808 C. 1813 D. 1822 E. 1840
2. An environmental group needed to determine the number of palmetto palms in a nature preserve. The group used a map of the preserve and counted the number of palmetto palms within a square section. Assuming that the number of palmetto palms within the square section is representative of the entire nature preserve, which is closest to the number of palmetto palms within the entire nature preserve?
A. 40 B. 40 C. 1000 D. 900 E. 650
3. Robert is making a landscape drawing for his backyard on the coordinate grid above. He is drawing a path. One side of the path represented by ST is already drawn. He wants to draw the other side of the path through point R and point Q so that QR will be parallel to ST . Which of the following coordinates for point Q would make QR parallel to ST ?
A. (-6, 2) B. (-7, 0) C. (6, 2) D. (7, 0) E. (6, 0)
4. An artist sells earrings from a booth at a fair. Rent for the booth is $250. The artist makes $6 from each pair of earrings sold. The profit in dollars, P, can be found using the following equation: P = 6n - 250, where n is the number of pairs of earrings sold. How many pairs of earrings must the artist sell to earn a profit of $500 ?
A. 50 B. 75 C. 100 D. 115 E. 125
5. A jeweler made earrings by cutting wedges from silver disks. Each wedge cut from a disk made a 40° angle at the center of the disk. If the weight of each uncut disk was 2.7 grams, how many grams did each wedge weigh?
A. 0.13 B. 0.27 C. 0.45 D. 0.56 E. 0.67
6. Byron is painting a mural showing a series of equilateral triangles. The first triangle will have sides 1000 centimeters (cm) long. The sides of each subsequent triangle will be 20% smaller than the triangle before. Byron’s sketch of the mural is shown above. What will be the length, in centimeters, of one side of the fourth triangle?
A. 512 B. 256 C. 128 D. 64 E. 32
7. Julio’s music appreciation class is studying examples of classical music used in films. Each student is randomly assigned to report on 2 of the selections listed in the table. From the music selections above, how many combinations of 2 are possible?
A. 7 B. 8 C. 9 D. 10 E. 11
8. In music a certain “A note” has a frequency of 440 hertz (vibrations per second). This is called the first harmonic. The second harmonic of that “A note” is 880 hertz, and the third harmonic is 1,320 hertz. According to this pattern, what is the frequency of the fifth harmonic?
A. 880 hertz B. 1,760 hertz C. 2.200 hertz D. 2,640 hertz E. 2,800 hertz
9. In a survey, people were asked to choose a favorite art activity. The information in the table above shows some of the results of the survey. According to the information in the table, which of the following statements is true?
A. More people aged 25 to 34 chose needlework than the total number of people who chose creative writing.
B. Two times as many people aged 45 to 54 chose photography as chose needlework.
C. Less than sixteen percent of the people represented in the table chose pottery.
D. Fifteen percent of the people represented in the table chose painting.
E. None of them
10. The number of shoppers at a Fort Myers flea market ranges from an average of 55,000 per weekend during the tourist season to an average of 18,000 on a summer weekend. 17 What is the percent of decrease, to the nearest whole number, in the number of shoppers at the flea market from the tourist season to a summer weekend?
A. 18% B. 33% C. 55% D. 67% E. 79%
Để xem thêm các nội dung về Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 24 đề số 1 năm 2013
hay khác, quý thầy cô và các em cùng download BST về tham khảo nhé (hoàn toàn miễn phí)!