Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 đề số 2 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. A triangle's sides have lengths 1/(x + 2), 1/(x + 1), and 1/x, what are the possible values of x?
A. 0 < x < √2 B. x > 0 C. x > 1 D. x < 1 E. x > √2
2. Brian works for a caterer who prepares and serves barbecued beef. The amount of beef is prepared according to the table above. Based on the pattern in the table, how many pounds of beef should be prepared for 225 guests?
A. 90 B. 120 C. 150 D. 160 E. 180
3. The manager of a computer help center made a table to track customer calls. The table above shows the number of telephone calls and the duration of the calls in minutes, t. What percent of the telephone calls received during this one-day period lasted less than 16 minutes?
A. 20 B. 38 C. 45 D. 64 E. 94
4. A wire x inches long is bent into the shape of a circle. Express the area of the circle (in square inches) in terms of x.
A. x2/2π B. x2/4 C. x2/4π D. 3.52π E. none of them
5. The distance from the point (3, 10) to the line y = 2x + 3 is:
A. √5/5 B. 2√5/5 C. 1 D. √5 E. none of them
6. Three families are traveling west on the Overland Trail. They are taking the same path the pioneer families did in the 1850s. The families started together 360 miles from their final destination. The graph above shows the line of best fit for the distance each family has left to travel at the end of the first 11 days. If each family continues to travel at the same rate, approximately what total number of miles will the Jones family have left to travel at the end of the fifteenth day?
A. 115 miles B. 140 miles C. 150 miles D. 170 miles
E. 180 miles
7. The Venn diagram above shows the types of novels the literature club members read during their summer break. Which of the following is NOT supported by the information in the Venn diagram?
A. 21 members read both an adventure novel and a romance novel
B. 64 members read only an adventure novel or a mystery novel
C. 26 members read all three types of novels
D. 67 members read a romance novel
E. 59 members read an adventure novel
8. The solution of the equation 2x + 3 = 42x + 1 is:
A. 1/3 B. 1/2 C. 2/3 D. 1 E. 2
9. Let P(x, y) be a point on the graph of f (x) = x2 − 5. Express the distance from P to the origin as a function of x, d(x).
A. d(x) = √x4 − 9x2 + 25
B. d(x) = √x2 - 25
C. d(x) = √x4 - 2x3 + 9x2 + 10x + 25
D. d(x) = √x4 - 625
E. d(x) = √x4 + x2 + 25
10. Solve for x according to the equation above.
A. x = 7/18 B. x = 25/9 C. x = 7/9 D. x = 11/18 E. x = 5/9
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 đề số 2 năm 2014