Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 năm 2013. Mời tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Nicholas earned the following grades on his science exams: 83, 88, 87, and 83. If Nicholas scores a 90 on his last exam, which measure of central tendency will give him the highest score?
A. Mode B. Range C. Either range or mean D. Mean E. Median
2. Troy borrowed money from his father so that he could buy a used car. The table shows the remaining balance, b, of Troy’s loan after each payment. Which function can be used to describe this relationship?
A. b = 3910 + 225p
B. b = 4135 − 225p
C. b = 2785 + 225p
D. b = 3685 − 225p
E. b = 3680 − 225p
3. A portion of isosceles trapezoid NPRT is shown on the grid above. At what coordinates should vertex T be placed to make NP parallel to RT in order to complete isosceles trapezoid NPRT?
A. (−2, −2) B. (−3, −2) C. (−2, −3) D. (−4, −5) E. (0, 0)
4. ΔKLM has coordinates K (−8, 3), L (−4, 1), and M (−2, 7). What will be the new coordinates of point M if the triangle is translated 4 units to the right and 3 units down?
A. (0, −2) B. (2, 4) C. (−4, 0) D. (−6, 4) E. (−14, 0)
5. Which is an example of the commutative property of addition?
A. 3 + 5m = 3 + (1 + 4)m
B. 3 + 5m = 5m + 3
C. 3 + 5m = (3 + 5)m
D. 3 + 5m = 3m + 5
E. none of them
6. The table above shows the population and the area in square miles of some U.S. states. Which statement best describes the relationship between the population and the area of a state?
A. The larger a state’s area, the larger its population is.
B. No relationship can be determined from the data in the table.
C. New Jersey has the smallest population of the states in the table because it has the smallest area.
D. Texas is the largest U.S. state.
E. Montana is the largest U.S. state.
7. What are the roots of the function graphed above?
A. (−1, −9) and (0, −8)
B. (0, −4) and (2, 0)
C. (−4, 0) and (2, 0)
D. (0, 2) and (0, −4)
E. (0, 2) and (0, −8)
8. Near the downtown area of a city, there is a vacant triangular plot of land with sides that measure 22 feet, 27 feet, and 17 feet. If the city council decides to plant an oak tree in the corner with the smallest angle, where should the tree be planted?
A. In the corner opposite the side that is 17 feet
B. In the corner opposite the side that is 22 feet
C. In the corner opposite the side that is 27 feet
D. In the center of the triangular plot
E. none of them
9. To estimate the height of her school’s gym, Nicole sights the top of the gym wall in a mirror that she has placed on the ground. The mirror is 3.6 meters from the base of the gym wall. Nicole is standing 0.5 meter from the mirror, and her height is about 1.8 meters. What is the height of the gym wall?
A. 1 m B. 5.9 m C. 7.2 m D. 12.96 m E. 2.96 m
10. The table above shows the results of a number cube being rolled. Based on these results, what is the experimental probability of rolling a 1?
A. 2.5% B. 1/6 C. 2/5 D. 0.6 E. 1
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 năm 2013
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác.