Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. A local bakery is baking cakes for a restaurant owner. The bakery sells one kind of cake for $16 and another kind of cake for $12. The restaurant owner will pay $1,000 all together for 70 cakes. This information can be represented by the equations above, where x represents the number of $16 cakes and y represents the number of $12 cakes. How many $16 cakes should the bakery bake for the restaurant owner?
A. 10 B. 15 C. 20 D. 30 E. 40
2. A toy company manufactured 12,000 model racecars. Alisha, who works in the quality control group, chose 250 of the model racecars at random and had them checked for defects. Of the 250 racecars, 212 were found to have NO defects. Assuming this ratio held true for all 12,000 model racecars, how many of the racecars had defects?
A. 1824 B. 250 C. 212 D. 12000 E. 6000
3. A palindromic number is a number that does not change if its digits are reversed. How many different 3-digit palindromic numbers exist if zero is not used?
A. 18 B. 72 C. 81 D. 144 E. 729
4. If the three points (-2, -1), (x, 2), and (8, 14) are collinear, then the value of x is:
A. 1 B. 1.5 C. 2 D. 3 E. none of them
5. An automobile testing organization is verifying the acceleration characteristics of a car. The car will accelerate at a rate of 3 miles per hour per second from 0 miles per hour (mph) to 45 mph. The graph above shows the beginning of the ideal acceleration plot. If the rate of acceleration remains constant, how many seconds will it take the car to reach its final test speed?
A. 5 B. 10 C. 15 D. 20 E. 25
6. Mrs. Hana gave a 50-point quiz to her first period geography class. The scores for the class are shown in the stem-and-leaf plot shown above. What was the median score for the class?
A. 6 B. 35 C. 36 D. 37 E. 38
7. Matt’s mathematics class is playing "Guess My Rule". The teacher writes this table of values on the chalkboard, and the class finds an equation that fits the values in the table. Which of these equations describes the relationship between the values in the table?
A. y = 2x - 2 B. y = -2x - 2 C. y = -3x - 2 D. y = 3x - 2
E. y = 3x + 2
8. Which of the descriptions above, if any, is/are true?
A. I, III, V B. II, IV C. II, IV, V D. I, III E. none of them
9. You take an average of x hours to process a work form, whereas your team member Coreen’s average is 1 hour longer. Which expression represents the number of work forms that you and Coreen can process in 40 hours?
A. 80x2 + 40x
B. 40x + 20
C. (80x + 40)/(x2 + x)
D. 80x + 40
E. (160x + 80)/(x2 + x)
10. A DVD player is on sale for 15% off the regular price of $135. After the price reduction, a 5% sales tax is added. How much will a customer pay?
A. $141.75 B. $120.49 C. $114.75 D. $109.01
E. None of them
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 25 năm 2014
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.