Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 26 đề số 1 năm 2014. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Which equation describes the line that passes through the point (4, 7) and is parallel to the line represented by the equation −3x + y =
A. y = −3x + 19 B. y = 3x + 5
C. y =(1/3)x + 52/3 D. y =-(1/3)x + 81/3
E. y = 3x − 5
2. At an automobile dealership, 2 out of every 12 cars sold are red. Which is the best prediction of the number of red cars sold when the automobile dealer sells 150 cars?
A. 75 B. 25 C. 15 D. 12 E. 17
3. Mr. García built a rectangular deck in his backyard. The deck was 16 feet long and 12 feet wide. What was the length, in feet, of the diagonal of the rectangular deck?
A. 2 B. 5 C. 10 D. 15 E. 20
4. How does the graph of y = x2 differ from the graph of y = x2 − 4?
A. The graph of y = x2 − 4 is wider than the graph of y = x2.
B. The graph of y = x2 − 4 is shifted to the left of the graph of y = x2.
C. The graph of y = x2 − 4 is shifted down from the graph of y = x2.
D. The graph of y = x2 − 4 is narrower than the graph of y = x2.
E. The graph of y = x2 − 4 is shifted to the right of the graph of y = x2.
5. Which point on the grid satisfies the conditions x ≥ 5 and y < −1?
A. W B. X C. Y D. Z E. None of them
6. If the area of a circle is 95 square inches, which of the following is closest to the circumference of this circle?
A. 17 in. B. 35 in. C. 19 in. D. 190 in. E. 130 in.
7. The formula above can be used to convert temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit, F, to temperatures in degrees Celsius, C. On a certain day temperatures at the North Pole were between −20°F and −15°F. Which of these is a reasonable temperature in degrees Celsius for that day at the North Pole?
A. −11°C B. −22°C C. −30°C D. -35°C E. -27°C
8. A candy company sells chocolate-covered cherries in a box. The empty box weighs 4.2 ounces. Each piece of candy weighs at least 1.8 ounces. Which inequality best describes the total weight in ounces, w, of a box of chocolate-covered cherries in terms of c, the number of candies in the box?
A. w ≥ 4.2c + 0.9 B. w ≥ 1.8c − 4.2
C. w ≥ 4.2c + 1.8 D. w ≥ 4.2c − 1.8
E. w ≥ 1.8c + 4.2
9. Shannon has spent $850 on gasoline and repairs for her car in the last 6 months. Of this total, she spent $300 on repairs. The gasoline she purchased cost $1.29 per gallon. Which of the following can be used to determine how many gallons of gas, g, Shannon has bought within the last 6 months?
A. 1.29g − 300 = 850 B. 1.29g + 300 = 850
C. 1.29 − 300g = 850 D. 1.29 + 300g = 850
E. 1.29 + 300 = 850g
10. Which statement best describes how the volume of a cube changes when the edge length is doubled to form a new cube?
A. The volume of the new cube is 1/2 the volume of the original cube.
B. The volume of the new cube is 1/4 the volume of the original cube.
C. The volume of the new cube is 1/6 the volume of the original cube.
D. The volume of the new cube is 8 times the volume of the original cube.
E. The volume of the new cube is 4 times the volume of the original cube.
Quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 26 đề số 1 năm 2014
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.