Mời các bạn tham khảo đoạn trích của nội dung Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 27 đề số 2 năm 2014 được lấy từ BST sau đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The volume of a cube with an edge length of u units is u3 cubic units. If the length of each edge is doubled, how many times larger is the volume of the new cube than the volume of the original cube?
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 E. 9
2. Fernando followed two diagonal paths, Paths 1 and 2, to get from his house, F, to a neighborhood corner store, C, as shown above. What is the total distance of the two paths, in meters (m), from F to C ?
A. 8 B. 15 C. 22 D. 32 E. 42
3. Sandra wants to use the map shown above to determine the driving distance from her home in Georgetown to her workplace in Pleasantville using Loop 140. She has the following information to make her calculations. a. Loop 140 is circular with a radius of 42 miles and the center at San Mateo. b. SH 291 and Rt. 812 intersect at San Mateo. According to the map, how many miles must Sandra drive going counterclockwise from Georgetown to Pleasantville on Loop 140 ?
A. 20.3 B. 30.6 C. 52.7 D. 62.1 E. 88.7
4. The “Golden Rectangle” of the ancient Greeks was considered to have the most pleasing proportion of any rectangle. The ratio of width (w) to height (h) of the rectangle is expressed in the proportion and is shown in the drawing above. Jason is planning to paint a rectangular mural using the proportions of the “Golden Rectangle.” If the mural is 15 meters wide, how high should it be?
A. 1.6 meters
B. 9.3 meters
C. 16.5 meters
D. 24.2 meters
E. 27.6 meters
5. A company makes surge protectors. The supply equation is S = 5000 + 200x and the demand equation is D = 9500 – 100x, where x represents the price (in dollars) of a surge protector. The price at which supply and demand are equal is called the equilibrium price. What will be the demand at the equilibrium price?
A. 5,000 B. 15 C. 14,000 D. 45 E. 8,000
6. An airport designer drew a plan for two runways on a rectangular coordinate system. Line AB represents the centerline of the first runway and line CD represents the centerline of the second runway. If the designer chose a y-coordinate of 1 for point D, what must be the x-coordinate for the two runways to be parallel?
A. 7 B. 8 C. 9 D. 10 E. 11
7. Which of the following is one factor of x2 + 16x − 4 + 64 − y2 + 4y?
A. x + y + 6 B. x – y C. y2 D. y + 4 E. x2
8. Figure ABCDEF above is a regular hexagon with line m passing through side FE. What is the measure of ∠x ?
A. 75° B. 60° C. 51° D. 45° E. 50°
9. Simplify the expression above.
10. When a plane intersects a solid three-dimensional figure, the plane of intersection is called a cross section. Two cross sections are shown above. The cross sections above could NOT have come from which of these pairs of solid figures?
E. None of them
Thư viện eLib mong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 27 đề số 2 năm 2014
sẽ giúp cho các em có thêm nguồn tư liệu hữu ích.