Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 27 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. A company car was purchased for $25,000. The car will be depreciated linearly over 7 years. The value of the car at 7 years will be $4,000. Sketch the graph that represents this model. What is the domain?
A. All real numbers
B. [0, 7]
C. [7, 4,000]
D. [0, 25,000]
E. [4,000, 25,000]
2. A company car was purchased for $25,000. The car will be depreciated linearly over 7 years. The value of the car at 7 years will be $4,000. Find the value of the car after 3 years.
A. $3,000 B. $21,000 C. $7,000 D. $9,000 E. $16,000
3. A rectangle with width 2x + 5 feet has an area of 2x4 + 15x3 + 7x2 −135x − 225 square feet. Determine the polynomial that represents the perimeter of the rectangle.
A. 6x3 + 10
B. 2x3 + 20x2 + 2x − 120
C. x3 + 10x2 − x − 65
D. 2x3 + 10x2 − 14x − 80
E. 2x3 + 10x2 + 22x + 180
4. Multiply. (2xa-1 − 3yb+5 )(2x2a-3 − 3y4-b)
5. The points (1, y) and (4, -2) are on line L and the points (2, 8) and (-7, y + 4) are on line M . If L is parallel to M , what is the value of y?
A. 3 B. 5 C. -2 D. 4 E. -23
6. Mrs. Bickhart decided to apply wallpaper on one wall of her living room. A diagram of the rectangular wall with its window is shown above. A roll of wallpaper covers approximately 30 square feet. What is the minimum number of rolls she will have to buy in order to cover the entire wall excluding the window?
A. 2 rolls B. 5 rolls C. 6 rolls D. 7 rolls E. 8 rolls
7. Which of the descriptions above is/are false?
A. I, II, IV B. III, IV, V C. III, V D. I, II E. II, III
8. In the figure above, AB is parallel to DC. Which of the following statements about the figure must be true?
A. ∠DAB + ∠ABC = 180°
B. ∠DAB + ∠CDA = 180°
C. AB = DC
D. AD = BC
E. None of these
9. An aerobics instructor gives a class both in the morning and afternoon for 3 days, off for 1 day, gives a class in the morning only for 2 days, off for 2 days, and then her schedule begins again. If she is on her 1 day off part of the schedule, determine what she will be doing 127 days from today.
A. Giving a class in the morning only.
B. Not enough information is given to determine the answer.
C. Off on the 1 day part of the schedule.
D. Giving a class both in the morning and afternoon.
E. Off on the 2 days part of the schedule.
10. When a patient needs to receive medicine intravenously (directly into the blood stream), the doctor prescribes the medicine in milliliters per hour (mL/hr). A nurse then converts the mL/hr into a rate of drops per minute, using 1 mL = 15 drops of medicine. What is the total number of hours that 1000 mL of medicine will last if the patient receives the medicine at a rate of 40 drops per minute?
A. 4.5 B. 6.25 C. 6.5 D. 6.75
Chúc quý thầy cô và các em học sinh có được nguồn tư liệu Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 27 năm 2014
hay mà mình đang tìm.