Bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 đề số 2 năm 2014 là một trong những BST đặc sắc của eLib, được chọn lọc một cách kỹ lưỡng, mời các bạn tham khảo đoạn trích sau đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Two rectangular boxes have the same height and the same length, but different widths, as shown in the figure above. The difference in the volumes of Box B and Box A is 360 cubic centimeters. What is h, the height of each box in centimeters (cm)?
A. 8 B. 9 C. 15 D. 12 E. 20
2. Simplify the expression above.
3. The two squares above intersect at point C. What is the sum of the measures of ∠ACB and ∠DCE, in degrees?
A. 60 B. 90 C. 120 D. 180 E. 150
4. Mr. Soto drew a design for a quilting pattern. The design is made up of 8 congruent isosceles trapezoids as shown above. What is the measure, in degrees, of angle y?
A. 72.5 B. 55 C. 112.5 D. 34.5 E. 21.5
5. One of the expressions above has a value different from the other expressions. What is this different value?
A. 1 B. -2 C. -1 D. 0 E. 2
6. Katerina has math test scores of 95, 87 and 86. She has one more test to take. All exams are equally weighted. Determine what scores on the last test will allow her to get an A in the course. (An “A” is 90% or above.)
A. It is not possible for Katerina to get an A in the course.
B. x ≥ 90 C. x ≥ 92 D. x ≥ 80 E. x ≥ 97
7. Julie works at the amusement park with the maintenance crew. She needs to replace a string of burned-out lights along the arc shown between seat 1 and seat 6. The arc makes up 1/4 of the Gargantuan Ferris Wheel. The 20 seats of the Ferris wheel are equally spaced, and the supports from the center of the Ferris wheel to each seat are 15 feet in length. How long, to the nearest foot, does the string of replacement lights need to be?
A. 30 feet B. 47 feet C. 24 feet D. 60 feet E. 90 feet
8. The equation 2x − 3x1/2 + 1 = 0 has two solutions. The sum of the solutions is:
A. 1 B. 1/2 C. 4 D. 5/4 E. 3/2
9. The clock shown has hands positioned at 5 o’clock. What is the degree measure of angle x?
A. 36° B. 72° C. 210° D. 150° E. 240°
10. Araceli goes to the bank to get $10 worth of change. She requests twice as many quarters as half-dollars, twice as many dimes as quarters, three times as many nickels as dimes, and no pennies or dollars. What is the total number of dimes and nickels?
A. 30 B. 10 C. 2 D. 5 E. 80
Thư viện eLib mong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 đề số 2 năm 2014
sẽ giúp cho các em có thêm nguồn tư liệu hữu ích.