Mời quý thầy cô và các em cùng tham khảo đoạn trích Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 năm 2013 được lấy từ bộ sưu tập cùng tên dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Linda owns a set of seven wrenches. The wrenches come in consecutive increments of 1/8 inch. Linda has misplaced a wrench. The sizes she has are 1/8 inch,1/4 inch,1/2 inch,5/8 inch,3/4 inch,and7/8 inch. Which size wrench is missing from Linda’s set?
A. 3/16 in. B. 11/16 in. C. 13/16 in. D. < sup>5/16 in. E. 3/8 in.
2. If the dimensions of a rectangle with a perimeter of 24 inches are tripled, what will be the perimeter in inches of the new rectangle?
A. 24 B. 48 C. 36 D. 72 E. 108
3. Which expression is equivalent to 27x-2y6/3x5y2z0 ?
A. 9x7y4/z B. y4/9x3 C. 9y4/x7 D. 9y4/x7z E. y4/x3
4. Chase and Sara went to the candy store. Chase bought 5 pieces of fudge and 3 pieces of bubble gum for a total of $5.70. Sara bought 2 pieces of fudge and 10 pieces of bubble gum for a total of $3.60. Which system of equations could be used to determine the cost of 1 piece of fudge, f, and 1 piece of bubble gum, g?
A. 5f + 3g = 3.60, 2f + 10g = 5.70
B. 5f + 2g = 5.70, 3f + 10g = 3.60
C. f + g = 22, 7f + 13g = 9.30
D. 5f + 3g = 5.70, 2f + 10g = 3.60
E. f + g = 5.70, 2f + 10g = 3.60
5. The graph above shows h, the height in meters of a model rocket, versus t, the time in seconds after the rocket is launched. From the graph, what conclusion can be made about the flight of the rocket?
A. The rocket reached its maximum height after 2.5 seconds.
B. The rocket was in flight for 1 seconds.
C. The height of the rocket was 0 meters when it was launched.
D. The rocket was in flight for 5 seconds.
E. At 0 seconds the rocket was 2 meters off the ground.
6. The drawing shows the top view of a structure built with cubes as well as the number of cubes in each column of the structure. Which 3-dimensional view represents the same structure?
7. When 70,000 is written as 7.0 × 10n, what is the value of n ?
A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 E. 5
8. On a car trip Sam drove m miles, Kara drove twice as many miles as Sam, and Darin drove 20 fewer miles than Kara. In terms of m, how many miles did Darin drive?
A. 2m + 20 B. 2m - 20 C. m/2 + 20 D. m + 20/2 E. m/2 - 20
9. If x and y are positive integers, what are all the solutions (x, y) of the equation 3x + 2y = 11 ?
A. (1, 4) and (3, 1) B. (1, 4) only
C. (1, 4) and (2, 2) D. (3, 1) only
E. (2, 2) and (3, 1)
10. A company’s profit, P, in dollars, for producing x machines in one day is given by P = 500x - 20x2. If the company produces 10 machines in one day, then, according to this formula, what is the profit for that day?
A. $5,000 B. $4,000 C. $3,000 D. $2,000 E. $1,000
Hãy tham khảo toàn bộ tài liệu Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 năm 2013
trong bộ sưu tập nhé!