Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 năm 2014 này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. A formula for computing a value r is (mx + my)/wz, where m, x, y, w, and z are positive integers. An increase in which variable would result in a corresponding decrease in r ?
A. m B. x C. y D. z E. none of these
2. An artist created this pattern by inscribing squares. The midpoints of each square have been connected to form a smaller square. The side length of the first square is 16 units, the side length of the third square is 8 units, and the side length of the fifth square is 4 units. If this pattern is continued, what will be the side length in units of the eleventh square?
A. 6 B. 4 C. 2 D. 1 E. 0.5
3. Fred has an account with a photocopy shop. He is charged $0.05 per copy for one-sided copies and $0.08 per copy for two-sided copies. The table above shows the number of copies the shop made for Fred during a three-day period. Fred used the following expression to calculate the amount he was charged for copies during the three-day period. (215 × 0.05 + 145 × 0.08) + (175 × 0.05 + 126 × 0.08) + (203 × 0.05 + 125 × 0.08) Which of the following expressions is equivalent to the expression above?
A. (215)(145 + 0.05)(0.08) + (175)(126 + 0.05)(0.08) + (203)(125 + 0.05)(0.08)
B. (215 + 145)(0.05)(0.08) + (175 + 126)(0.05)(0.08) + (203 + 125)(0.05)(0.08)
C. (215 + 145 + 175 + 126 + 203 + 125)(0.13)
D. (215 + 175 + 203)(0.05) + (145 + 126 + 125)(0.08)
E. (215 + 175 + 203)(0.08) + (145 + 126 + 125)(0.05)
4. Given the sequence 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, . . . find the 60th term.
A. 216 B. 64 C. 60 D. 80 E. 256
5. Bob has a rectangular area he wishes to enclose with 120 feet of fencing. One side of the area is along the straight portion of a river, so no fencing is needed there. Determine an equation that describes the area enclosed.
6. A pair of fair dice is cast. If the absolute value of the difference in the face values of the two dice is determined, what is the probability that the absolute value of the difference is odd?
A. 1/2 B. 2/9 C. 1/3 D. 1/9 E. 1/6
7. A survey of 400 people was taken. 223 indicated that they own a jet ski, 172 indicated that they own a sailboat, and 87 indicated that they do not own a jet ski or a sailboat. How many people surveyed own a jet ski and a sailboat?
A. 51 B. 5 C. 82 D. 313
E. Not enough information is given.
8. Solve x2 + ax + b = 0 for x in terms of a and b.
9. An engineer wanted to approximate the width of a river. She placed markers at point A and point B to represent the average width of the river. She also placed 3 other markers along the riverbank and measured the distances shown in the diagram above. Based on this diagram, what was the width of the river, in feet (ft), from point A to point B ?
A. 49 B. 62 C. 93 D. 98 E. 108
10. Keith is in charge of receiving shipments at a warehouse. He receives 3 types of crates in each shipment. Keith uses the following equation to determine u, the number of units received each day. u = 20x + 15y + 30z In the equation above, the variables represent the following: x = the number of crates that contain 20 units, y = the number of crates that contain 15 units, and z = the number of crates that contain 30 units. If Keith received a shipment of 20 type-x crates, 5 type-y crates, and 6 type-z crates in 1 day, how many total units did he receive that day?
A. 435 B. 520 C. 655 D. 715 E. 755
Chúc quý thầy cô và các em học sinh có được nguồn tư liệu Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 29 năm 2014
hay mà mình đang tìm.