Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 30 đề số 2 năm 2014. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. What is the average (arithmetic mean) of the 3 quantities in the list above?
A. 4 B. 12 C. 18 D. 4 + n/3 E. 12 + n/3
2. The diagram above shows the floor plan of an apartment with a rectangular floor. The ratio of the width of the bathroom floor to the width of the entire apartment floor is 3:7. What is x, the width of the bathroom in inches?
A. 112 in. B. 40 in. C. 144 in. D. 48 in. E. 24 in.
3. A fruit salad is made from pineapples, pears, and peaches mixed in the ratio of 2 to 3 to 5, respectively, by weight. What fraction of the mixture by weight is pineapple?
A. 1/5 B. 3/10 C. 2/5 D. 1/2 E. 2/3
4. Jasmine bought an alarm clock that was on sale for 25% off the regular price of $24.99. She paid an 8% sales tax on the sale price. Which of the following is closest to the amount Jasmine paid for the alarm clock, including sales tax?
A. $18.74 B. $22.99 C. $17.24 D. $18.64 E. $20.24
5. The area, A, of a parallelogram is 64x9y6 square feet. The height, h, of the parallelogram is 16x3y2 feet. The area of a parallelogram can be found by using the formula A = bh. Which of the following best represents the length of this parallelogram’s base, b?
A. 4x6y4 ft B. 80x12y8 ft C. 4x3y3 ft D. 48x6y4 ft E. 24x6y4 ft
6. A boat costs x dollars, and this cost is to be shared equally by a group of people. In terms of x, how many dollars less will each person contribute if there are 4 people in the group instead of 3 ?
A. x/12 B. x/4 C. x/3 D. 7x/12 E. 7x
7. For what value of x is (x, −3) a solution for 4x − 3y = 21?
A. 11 B. -3 C. 0 D. -11 E. 3
8. In isosceles triangle ABC above, AM and CM are the angle bisectors of angle BAC and angle BCA. What is the measure of angle AMC ?
A. 110° B. 115° C. 120° D. 125° E. 130°
9. ΔRST has the vertices R (−4, 5), S (−2, 3), and T (−5, 2). If ΔRST is reflected across the x-axis and then translated 2 units down to become Δ R′S′T′, what will be the coordinates of S′?
A. (2, 1) B. (−2, 1)
C. (−5, −2) D. (−2, −1)
E. (−2, -5)
10. If the equations above are true, which of the following is the value of y + z ?
A. -5 B. -4 C. 0 D. 4 E. 5
Nội dung bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 30 đề số 2 năm 2014
chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 30 đề số 2 năm 2014