Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 31 đề số 2 năm 2014 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The box-and-whisker plot above describes the weights of a sample of 100 chickens. What statement can be made about the data, using the graph alone?
A. The range of the weights is 3 lb.
B. The median weight is less than 2 lb.
C. Twenty-five percent of the chickens weigh less than 1 lb.
D. Fifty percent of the chickens weigh more than 2 lb.
E. None of them.
2. Which equation is equivalent to 3(2x – 5) = 4(x + 3)?
A. 2x = –27
B. 2x = 27
C. 10x = –27
D. 10x = –3
E. 10x = –6
3. Darius and his father are constructing a set of bunk beds as shown in the diagram above. What is the measure of angle X?
A. 540° B. 390° C. 150° D. 120° E. 90°
4. There is a proportional relationship between the size of a projected image on a screen and the distance of the screen from the projector. An image that is projected onto a screen 10 feet away is a rectangle with dimensions of 2 feet by 3 feet. If the screen is moved to a distance of 15 feet from the projector, what will be the dimensions of the larger image projected onto the screen?
A. 3 feet by 4.5 feet
B. 4 feet by 6 feet
C. 4.5 feet by 6.75 feet
D. 7 feet by 8 feet
E. 7 feet by 16 feet
5. Four sets of brothers and sisters are to be seated in a row of eight seats. In how many ways can they be seated if each pair of brother and sister is seated together?
A. 384 B. 16 C. 8 D. 40,320 E. 4
6. Give one factor of the polynomial above. The variables used as exponents represent positive integers.
A. (2um − 3vn)
B. This polynomial cannot be factored.
E. (−2um − 3vn)
7. One day you went canoeing. You learned that the current in the river was 2 miles per hour. If it took you the same amount of time to travel 10 miles downstream as 2 miles upstream, determine the speed at which your canoe would travel in still water.
A. 3 miles per hour
B. 0.5 mile per hour
C. 5 miles per hour
D. 1 mile per hour
E. 2 miles per hour
8. Given 2x2 + 3x + c = 0 , find all values of c that will result in the equation having no real number solution.
A. It is not possible to find all values of c.
B. c < 9/8
C. c ≥ 1
D. c > 9/8
E. c < 1
9. Simplify the expression above.
10. A storeowner wants to set up a rectangular display area outside his store. He will use one side of the building (which is 25 feet long) as part of one side of the display area. He has 230 linear feet of fencing material to use to fence in the display area. Write a function which expresses the total area of the display area in terms of the length x of the side of the display area opposite the building.
A. A(x) = 255/2(x + x2)
B. A(x) = (255/2)x - x2
C. A(x) = (230/2)x2
D. A(x) = (230/2)x
E. A(x) = 230x - 25
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 31 đề số 2 năm 2014
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.