Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 33 năm 2014. Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Julie does not want to spend more than $300 on ice skating. Her skates will cost $42, her lessons will cost a total of $56, and the practice time will cost $7.50 per hour. Which inequality should Julie use to determine the maximum number of hours, h, she can practice without spending more than $300?
A. 42 + 56 + 7.50h ≤ 100 B. 56 + 7.50h < 300
C. 7.50h − 42 − 56 ≤ 300 D. 42 + 7.50h < 300
E. 42 + 56 + 7.50h ≤ 300
2. Daniel cut the corner off a cube as shown in the diagram above. Points A, B and C are the midpoints of the edges of the cube. What type of threedimensional figure has been cut off?
A. cone B. cube
C. triangular prism D. triangular pyramid
E. None of them
3. Pippi calculates her total earnings for the month with the equation E = 15m + 5b, where E is the total number of dollars she earns, m is the number of lawns she mows, and b is the number of hours she baby-sits. If Pippi mows 6 lawns, how many hours must she baby-sit to earn a total of $200?
A. 10 B. 20 C. 45 D. 40 E. 22
4. George wants to conduct a survey to determine the types of music that the students want at a school dance. Which sample population should George survey to represent the entire student body?
A. survey the teachers
B. survey the captain from each sports team
C. randomly survey two people from each homeroom class
D. randomly survey 50 people from the freshman class
E. randomly survey 50 people from the junior class
5. Gene has a cylinder with radius 4 inches and height 2 inches. He cut the cylinder in half along the length of the diameter, as shown in the diagram above. What is the area of the shaded cross-section?
A. 48π square inches
B. 8 square inches
C. 24π square inches
D. 12 square inches
E. 16 square inches
6. A system of equations is shown above. What is the solution to the system of equations?
A. x = 7, y = –1 B. x = 3, y = 5
C. x = 19, y = 1 D. x = 1, y = 1
E. x = 19, y = 2
7. Carlos and Tiesha empty a bag of 100 colored candies and count the number of each color, as shown in the chart shown above. They return all the candies to the bag and shake the bag. Carlos removes 5 candies, 2 of which are blue. Tiesha then pulls out one candy. What is the probability that Tiesha pulls out a blue candy?
A. 6.67% B. 19.9% C. 15.00% D. 15.79% E. 13.68%
8. Which of these represents the graph of the equation −3x + 4y = −12?
E. none of them
9. Alanis is moving and needs to pack two mirrors. The larger mirror fits in a box that is 18 inches wide by 20 inches long. Her smaller mirror is similar in proportion to the larger mirror. Alanis determines that the width of the smaller box needs to be a minimum of 9 inches. What should be the minimum length of the box to hold the smaller mirror?
A. 2 inches B. 6 inches C. 9 inches
D. 10 inches E. 12 inches
10. The table shows the number of people who speak each of the six most common languages of the world. Which type of graph is appropriate to display the data in the table?
A. bar graph
B. box-and-whisker plot
C. line graph
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 33 năm 2014
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!