Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 35 năm 2014 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Points P, Q and R are shown above. These points are three vertices of a parallelogram. What are the coordinates of the fourth vertex of parallelogram PQRS?
A. (8, 1) B. (5, 2) C. (8, –1) D. (9, 1) E. (4, 6)
2. Aaron wants the mean of his 5 geometry test scores to be at least 90%. His scores on the first four tests are 85%, 83%, 96% and 91%. What is the minimum score Aaron can earn on the fifth test to meet his goal?
A. 89% B. 90% C. 95% D. 100% E. 85%
3. Which figure is not a parallelogram?
E. none of them
4. The graph shows the population of Ohio from 1900 to 1990. Based on the data, in which decade did the population of Ohio increase the most?
A. 1910 to 1920
B. 1940 to 1950
C. 1950 to 1960
D. 1960 to 1970
E. 1970 to 1980
5. The table above shows the number of fish caught each day last week. If one day of that week is chosen at random, what is the probability that a minimum of one fish was caught that day?
A. 3/7 B. 1/2 C. 2/7 D. 2/1 E. 4/7
6. A student shines a light through a cutout of a triangle held parallel to a wall several feet straight in front of him, producing a similar image on the wall. What must the two triangles have in common?
A. equal areas
B. equal heights
C. corresponding sides that are congruent
D. corresponding angles that are congruent
E. equal perimeters
7. A circular pool has a diameter of 12 feet. About how much water is needed to fill the pool to a depth of 4 feet?
A. 75 cubic feet
B. 150 cubic feet
C. 450 cubic feet
D. 1,800 cubic feet
E. 2,200 cubic feet
8. Maria is making a quilt. She has a large piece of fabric that is 0.02 millimeters thick. The fabric is cut in half and one piece is placed on top of the other to make a pile. The pile is cut in half, and then one half is placed on top of the other to make a higher pile. Continuing this process, what would the thickness of the pile be after the 4th cut and piling?
A. 0.0016 millimeters
B. 0.08 millimeters
C. 16 millimeters
D. 4 millimeters
E. 0.32 millimeters
9. A right triangle has the dimensions as shown in the diagram above. What is the approximate area of the triangle?
A. 8.0 square inches
B. 11.3 square inches
C. 13.9 square inches
D. 16.0 square inches
E. 18.5 square inches
10. Which expression is not equivalent to 7?
A. |−7| B. √49 C. 71 D. 7/49 E. 49/7
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 10 vòng 35 năm 2014