Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 11 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
Lesson 0.1 Objective Words (Level 3A)
adopt [uh-'dopt] verb - to choose as one's own; make one's own by selection or assent. Kelly knows that owning a pet is a big responsibility. For her ninth birthday, Kelly adopted a golden retriever puppy named Lucky from the pound. She promised her parents that she will walk Lucky and feed him everyday.
vigor ['vig-er] noun - energetic activity or active strength. The weather was simply terrific last Saturday! In the morning, many people came out, bringing vigor to the once quiet neighborhood. Caroline saw people exercising, gardening, jogging, walking their dogs, and enjoying other activities as well.
compose [kuhm-'pohz] verb - to make or form by combining things or parts. After reading several interesting books about arctic animals, Robert must compose a speech about how animals change colors in order to blend in with their surroundings. He will talk about three animals, including the arctic fox, arctic hare, and the ermine, which is a short-tailed weasel.
spare [spair] adj - free for other use; extra. William is always busy with school, guitar lessons, and the drama club. In his spare time on the weekend, William likes to head out to the beach so he can go surfing and listen to the waves crashing onto the beach.
routine [roo-teen] noun - typical or everyday activity. Saul has a routine for getting ready bed. Every day at nine o’clock, he takes a shower and brushes his teeth. After, Saul changes into his pajamas and hops into bed. Then, he curls up with a good book and reads for 20 minutes. Finally, he turns off the lights and goes to sleep.
comment ['kom-ent] noun - a remark, observation, or criticism. After Joshua posted his composition on the Internet, he has received many comments.
verb - to make remarks, observations, or criticisms. The lawyer refused to comment on the decision of the court.
magician [muh-'jish-uhn] noun - someone who performs magic tricks. There was a magician at Yolanda’s birthday party, and he performed some amazing tricks. All the children cheered when the magician suddenly pulled out two white doves from his hat.
vacant ['vey-kuhnt] adj - having no contents; unoccupied; empty. The train was awfully crowded, and there were no vacant seats left. Thomas had to stand up and hang on tightly to the rail above his head. When the train stopped, a few people exited, and Thomas was able to find an empty seat.
apply [uh-'plahy] verb - to put to use, especially for a particular purpose.Luis was driving fast because he was late for an appointment. Suddenly, he spotted a deer crossing the road. Luis applied the brakes and skidded to a stop to avoid hitting the deer. Luckily, both Luis and the deer were not harmed!
1. Jim loves music very much and practices playing the piano whenever he has ____________ time. He dreams of one day becoming a famous pianist such as Ludwig Van Beethoven, Fredric Chopin, and Wolfgang Mozart.
2. Jessica is a big fan of the show “Hannah Montana” on the Disney Channel because she loves Miley Cyrus as an actress. Jessica discovered that Miley Cyrus’ real name is actually Destiny Hope Cyrus, but she ____________ “Miley” as her nickname.
3. Samantha woke up with a lot of energy and couldn’t wait to go play with her friends at the park. After a few hours swinging on the monkey bars and playing games outside, Samantha lost some of her ____________ and was ready to take a nap.
4. Mr. McSweeney’s third grade class is ____________ of five African American students, four Asian students, four Hispanic students, and three white students. It is wonderful to have such a culturally diverse classroom!
5. In P.E. class, Coach Becker said, “Sammy, it is important to make exercise a party of your daily ____________ if you want to grow up strong and healthy.” Sammy thought it might be good to go jogging for 20 minutes every day after school.
6. “Abracadabra!” the ____________ exclaimed. With the wave of a wand, he pulled out a rabbit from his top hat and a bouquet of flowers from his coat sleeve. Melissa could not believe her eyes!
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 11 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.