Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 2 đề thi số 4 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Sylvia has taken pictures of her 3 pets: Grover the cat, Spot the dog, and Whiskers the rabbit. She wants to put these three pictures in the frame shown above. How many different ways can she arrange the three pictures?
A. 3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6
2. Which of the following number expressions should come next in this pattern?
3. The students at Willow Bend Elementary know how important it is to eat healthy snacks instead of junk food. The chalkboard in the cafeteria shows the prices for different fruits. Which fruits can Jean buy with 2 quarters, 1 dime, and 1 nickel?
A. two apples and an orange
B. two bananas and an orange
C. an apple, a banana, and an orange
D. two oranges and an apple
4. Andrew was walking in the park and stood next to a shady tree. If Andrew is 5 feet tall, about how tall is the tree?
A. 30 feet B. 15 feet C. 10 feet D. 5 feet
5. Wally puts marbles into Bags A, B, and C and then labels the amount of marbles in each. Each bag contains only 1 red marble. If Wally picks out one marble without looking, which bag should he choose so that he has the greatest chance of picking the red marble?
A. Bag A B. Bag B C. Bag C D. There is not enough information to tell.
6. Diana is traveling in an airplane for the first time. It will take the plane 1.5 hours to travel from Houston to Dallas, Texas. If the plane leaves the airport at 11:00 AM, about what time will Diana land in Dallas?
A. 11:30 AM B. 12:30 PM C. 1:30 PM D. 2:30 PM
7. Betty needs to find the difference between 1/2 and 1/4 . She draws the figures above to help her solve the problem. What is the difference?
A. 3/4 B. 1/4 C. 1/2 D. 1/6
8. After school, many students enjoy playing video games or jumping rope. The table above shows how many students play each activity. What is a reasonable ESTIMATE for the total number of students playing video games or jumping rope?
A. 180 B. 200 C. 210 D. 220
9. Tanya wants to be a ballerina when she grows up. On Monday, she practiced dancing for 19 minutes. On Wednesday, she practiced dancing for 12 minutes. ABOUT how many minutes in all did Tanya practice dancing?
A. 7 B. 10 C. 20 D. 30
10. Richard is cleaning up his marbles off of the floor so that his brother won’t slip on them. Some marbles are packed inside bags and some are left outside of the bags. Looking at the drawing above, how many marbles did Richard have in all?
A. 706 B. 760 C. 607 D. 67
Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 2 đề thi số 4 năm học 2013