Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 2 năm 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Johnny found a quarter on the floor and started flipping it in the air. He flipped the coin 20 times and used tallies in the table above to show the number of times the coin landed on heads or tails. Which of the graphs below shows the same information as John’s tally chart
2. Which of the following events is most likely to happen tomorrow?
A. An elephant will fly. B. It will rain in New York.
C. The sun will rise. D. You will go to the movies.
3. Peggy visited the Houston Museum of Natural Science. After viewing the butterfly and dinosaur exhibits, she stopped by the gift shop to buy a souvenir. There were mugs for $3.99, T-shirts for $5.98, posters for $2.50, and dinosaur models for $12.99. Which souvenir cost the least?
A. mugs B. T-shirts C. posters D. dinosaur models
4. Whenever Jenny goes to the library, she always chooses a mystery book because they are exciting and suspenseful. One day, Jenny counted 483 mystery books in one section of the library. Which section of books did Jenny count
5. Tony’s Pizza Restaurant needs to make 20 pizzas for a party this evening. Jason, Ryan, Oscar, Sam, and Max are helping with this important order. Jason made 10 pepperoni pizzas, Ryan and Oscar made 2 cheese pizzas each, and Sam made 3 sausage pizzas. How many pizzas should Max make to finish the order?
A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 5
6. What is the missing number in the pattern?
A. 3,460 B. 3,560 C. 3,660 D. 3,760
7. Christine is going to send a letter to her cousin, Ronaldo, in Egypt. At the post office, Christine buys a pack of pink flower stamps for $2.25. If Christine pays with a $5 bill, how much change will she get back?
A. $2.25 B. $2.75 C. $3.25 D. $4.00
8. After school, Doug rides his bike to the toy store on Wendell Street. He has only $5 to spend. Which two items above can Doug afford to buy?
A. boat and turtle B. car and boat C. car and turtle D. car and bike
9. Alex lives on Mockingbird Lane. The closest park is 2.3 miles away from his home. If the bus takes Alex 1.8 miles of the way, how far does Alex have to walk to get to the park?
A. 0.5 miles B. 1.8 miles C. 1.0 miles D. 4.3 miles
10. At the grocery store, Lindsey buys many different fruits. She bags up six green apples, four oranges, three bananas, and a full box of ruby red grapefruit. What is the best estimate for the weight of the box of grapefruit?
A. 4 oz. B. 4 lb. C. 4 quarts D. 4 gallons
Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 2 năm 2013