Dưới đây là đoạn tài liệu được trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 3 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Justin has just turned 8 years old, and his mother baked him his favorite vanilla cake and chocolate frosting for his birthday party. She sliced the cake evenly for each guest. The shaded area shows how much cake is left. What fraction describes the shaded area in the figure above?
A. 5/12 B. 5/7 C. 7/12 D. 7/5
2. There were 31 children waiting in line to get their face painted at the school carnival. Later 7 students were called to get their faces painted. How many students are still waiting in line?
A. 6 B. 12 C. 18 D. 24
3. After planting seeds in damp soil a few days ago, Erica noticed that her plants had started to grow! She measured the height of 5 plants. They measured 5 inches, 7 inches, 4 inches, 6 inches, and 7 inches. What is the median height of Erica’s plants?
A. 4 inches B. 5 inches C. 6 inches D. 7 inches
4. On Saturday afternoon, Dillon wanted to help his mom clean up around the apartment. He picked up toys in his room, put food away in the refrigerator, and scrubbed the bathtub. Throughout the day, Dillon saw the objects below around the apartment. Which of the objects looks most like a sphere?
5. Allen is drawing a picture of a cowboy and a horse for an art competition. He is using beautiful colored pencils that his art teacher let him borrow. If there are 7 colored pencils in each package, how many colored pencils are there in 9 packages?
A. 7 × 7 = 49 B. 7 + 9 = 16 C. 9 – 7 = 2 D. 9 × 7 = 63
6. Lois has the slices of pizza above. The slices that are shaded gray have pepperoni on top. Which of the following fractions shows the shaded part of the whole set of pizza slices?
A. 2/5 B. 2/3 C. 3/5 D. 2/4
7. Sam has pieces of white bread and spreads jam on top of three fourths of them. Which picture shows 3/4 of the whole figure shaded?
8. Tickets to the carnival are $6 for adults and $2 for children. Jordana’s family has 2 adults and 3 children. How much will they have to pay to go to the carnival together?
A. $10 B. $18 C. $22 D. $34
9. Corey is playing a video game. He scores 600 points two times. Which of the following number pairs has the same product as 2 x 600?
A. 3 × 200 B. 3 × 400 C. 3 × 500 D. 3 × 600
10. There are about 162,309 people living in Tempe, Arizona today. The weather is sunny and warm for most of the year. What is the value of the number 2 in 162,309
A. 2 B. 20 C. 2,000 D. 20,000
Nhanh tay, tải miễn phí Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 3 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
này các em nhé. Chúc các em thành công!