Dưới đây là đoạn tài liệu được trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 3 năm 2013:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. At the Houston Rodeo, Taylor and her friends enjoy eating hot dogs, turkey legs, and funnel cakes. The number of hot dogs sold at the Houston Rodeo last year is two hundred more than the number shown in the box. How many hot dogs were sold at the Houston Rodeo last year?
A. 207 B. 307 C. 407 D. 507
2. Carlos is snacking on a juicy orange. His little brother asks for half of the orange, but Carlos – who is not good at sharing – decides to give him less than half. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/2?
A. 3/4 B. 5/8 C. 2/3 D. 1/8
3. Julie baked a cake and spread creamy, vanilla icing on top. After slicing the cake into equal pieces, Julie gave some pieces away. The pieces she gave away are shaded in the figure above. What fraction of the figure is shaded?
A. 1/4 B. 1/6 C. 1/3 D. 1/2
4. Nick is celebrating his birthday at the beach. He sees the objects below in the sand. Which of the following objects is most like a cube?
5. Anthony plays for the Owls basketball team. After running up and down the basketball court all night, Anthony is quite tired. What is the best estimate for the length of a basketball court?
A. 50 inches B. 50 centimeters C. 50 yards D. 50 miles
6. On class picture day, the photographer asked Tanya and her friends to get in order from shortest to tallest. Tanya decided to make a table to compare her friends’ heights in centimeters. Which of Tanya’s friends is the shortest?
A. Alan B. Rita C. Sam D. Tamara
7. Janie is meeting her friends at the movie theater to watch “Brave.” Before the movie begins, Janie decides to buy a bucket of popcorn that costs $4.98. If Janie pays for the popcorn with a $10 bill, how much change should she get back?
A. $14.98 B. $6.02 C. $5.22 D. $5.02
8. There were 1,000 people at the Independence Day parade in downtown. After a couple of hours, 700 people left the parade and went home. Which of the following number sentences has the same value as 1,000 – 700?
A. 700 – 300 B. 900 – 600
C. 10,000 – 7,000 D. 1,000 + 700
9. Larry and Ricky tore out pages of their favorite months from old calendars. They placed the pages in a paper sack and mixed them up. Without looking, Larry reached in and picked out one page from the sack. Which month will Larry most likely get?
A. January B. October C. July D. February
10. Paige carried her allowance to a store and spent half of the money for a pink T-shirt. Then she bought a package of markers for $2. She had $8 left. How much money did Paige bring to the store?
A. $10 B. $20 C. $30 D. $40
Nhanh tay, tải miễn phí Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 3 năm 2013
này các em nhé. Chúc các em thành công!