Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 36 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Mr. Keaton works as a beekeeper on Honeydale Farm. He watches all the busy bees return to the hives where they make honeycombs. What shapes are in the honeycombs that the bees make?
A. hexagons B. squares
C. parallelograms D. pyramids
2. Mr. Phillips carried a bucket filled with water to wash his car. About how much water did he need to fill up the bucket?
A. 4 liters B. 140 milliliters
C. 400 liters D. 4,000 liters
Selma spent $3.69 at the store first. She counted her money and found that she had $5.32 left in her pocket. She then bought a book for $1.49 and an ice cream cone for $0.79. How much money did Selma spend?
3. Which information is not needed to solve the problem above?
A. All information given is needed to solve the problem.
B. The cost of an ice cream is not needed to solve the problem.
C. The $5.32 she had left in her pocket is not needed to solve the problem.
D. The cost of the book is not needed to solve the problem.
4. Kayla sits on the floor and builds a fort with small wooden cubes. Then, she stands up and looks at her fort from above. What does the block model look like from the top
5. Mrs. Wong has 24 pennies, 10 dimes, 6 quarters, and 14 nickels in the top drawer of her desk at school. How much money does she have in the drawer?
A. $2.44 B. $2.94 C. $3.44 D. $4.94
6. Kevin is putting together four large puzzles. If each puzzle piece is 1 square meter, which of the figures below has the least amount of distance around it?
7. Trisha can’t wait to bake cakes, cookies, and with her Grandma Beth. She buys 3 kilograms of sugar. Which amount is less than 3 kilograms?
A. 2,500 grams B. 3,000 grams
C. 3,500 grams D. 4,000 grams
8. Joshua wakes up on Saturday mornings and pours himself a bowl of cereal. Then, he fills up the bowl of cereal with milk. Joshua looks at the bottom of the milk carton. Which shape does Joshua see?
9. Today is Carla’s 9th birthday! She is excited about seeing her friends and blowing out the candles on her cake. Before all of her friends arrived, Carla traced the bottom of her cone-shaped party hat. What shape did she draw?
A. circle B. square C. rectangle D. triangle
10. Jack is helping his teacher, Ms. Collins, with a new bulletin board. She asked Jack to cut a piece of border without wasting any. If Jack has no ruler, which of the following would be the best way to decide how long to cut the border?
A. Look at other bulletin boards.
B. Guess how long it is.
C. Measure with a piece of string.
D. Check the price of the border.
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 36 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013