Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 6 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
This is part II of the circus story...
The circus is in town! Mr. and Mrs. Jenner and their two children, Melissa and Josh, watch the circus people get everything ready. The trucks are unloaded, the equipment is nearly set up, and the performers are practicing. Melissa and Josh can hardly wait. It’s not everyday that lions, elephants, clowns, and acrobats come to town!
1. Tina, an animal trainer, wakes up bright and early at 6:15 a.m. to feed the bears their breakfast. Five hours later, Tina the trainer gives the bears a tasty treat. At what time do the bears get the treat?
A. 10:15 B. 11:15 C. 12:15 D. 1:15
2. Josh cannot wait to see Bella, a graceful acrobat, perform her amazing tricks on the high wire. To get there, Bella must climb a ladder with 10 steps. She starts slowly by climbing up the first 7 steps. What fraction of the ladder’s steps does Bella still have left to climb to reach the top?
A. 3/10 B. 4/10 C. 7/10 D. 10/10
3. Corey the Clown is giving away free tickets, prizes, and treats. The table above shows how many free tickets that Corey gives away each day. If the pattern continues, how many free tickets will Corey give away on the 6th day?
A. 22 B. 24 C. 28 D. 30
4. Wally makes balloon animals for all the little kids at the circus. Kids are always asking Wally to make giraffe and dog balloon animals. The balloons that Wally uses come in bags of 5. Wally needs 57 balloons to make all his balloon animals at the circus. How many bags of balloons does Wally need?
A. 52 B. 25 C. 12 D. 5
5. Whenever guests at the circus get hungry, they can stop by the snack shop for tasty treats. Melissa looks at the menu above and decides to buy an ice cream and a chocolate bar. Which group of coins goes Melissa need to pay for these two items?
6. Elly the Elephant eats 150 kg of peanuts each day. She gets fed three times in one day. At 8:00 a.m., Elly eats 85 kg of peanuts, and she eats 40 kg of peanuts at 2:30 p.m. How many kilograms of peanuts does Elly eat at her third feeding at 6:45 p.m.?
A. 25 kg B. 40 kg C. 235 kg D. 275 kg
7. Melissa cut out this figure and folded it along the lines to make a small cube. Once she is finished making the shape, which picture will be on the opposite side of the heart?
8. While at the circus, Melissa notices that the four wagon wheels are congruent shapes. She also noticed that some of the cages with animals inside are congruent shapes also. Which two animals are in cages with congruent shapes?
A. tiger and horse B. monkey and bear
C. elephant and dog D. dog and monkey
9. Melissa and Josh are having the most fun watching the talented animals perform amazing tricks. The kids decide to count all of the animals they see at the circus and recorded the results in the tally chart above. What animals did Melissa and Josh see in order from GREATEST to LEAST number?
A. dogs, tigers, monkeys, elephants, lions, and bears
B. lions, monkeys, dogs, tigers, bears, and elephants
C. bears, elephants, tigers, monkeys, lions, and dogs
D. dogs, lions, tigers, monkeys, elephants, and bears
10. The children are so sad to see the circus leave town. It will take the circus two days to travel to the next city. On the first day, the circus will travel 435 km and 490 km on the second day. How far away is the next city that the circus must travel to?
A. 528 km B. 826 km C. 852 km D. 925 km
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 3 vòng 6 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.