Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 23 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Ted created a game. He had people spin the spinner above. If the person landed on an odd number, he or she won. If the person landed on an even number, he or she lost. What is the probability of winning Ted’s game if you spun the spinner one time?
A. 1 out of 4 B. 5 out of 15 C. 3 out of 4 D. 2 out of 4
2. After Anne connected the tips of the tentacles of this picture of a starfish, she got the drawing above. What is the name of the figure she drew?
A. quadrilateral B. hexagon C. octagon D. pentagon
3. Andrew saw the figures above on his way to school. In which figure did he see the shape of a pyramid?
A. Figure 1 B. Figure 2 C. Figure 3 D. Figure 4
4. Mrs. Sutherland asked all of her students to write a math problem that could be solved by using the open sentence A – 5 =. Only one out of the first four wrote a correct math problem. Which of the following can be solved by using the open sentence A – 5 =?
A. Janis is 5 years older than Seth. If A is Seth’s age in years, how old is Janis?
B. Todd is 5 years younger than Amelia. If A is Amelia’s age in years, how old is Todd?
C. Isaac is 5 times as old as Bert. If A is Bert’s age in years, how old is Isaac?
D. Nathan is one-fifth as old as Leslie. If A is Nathan’s age, how old is Leslie?
5. Max brought lunch to school today. His lunch consisted of a chocolate chip cookie, a small red apple, and a pint carton of milk. Which of the items Max brought for lunch is most likely to weigh about one pound?
A. The cookie B. The carton of milk C. The apple
D. They all weigh much more than a pound
6. Tonya has two black kittens and two white kittens. If she closes her eyes and picks up one kitten in each hand, which two kittens are MOST likely to be picked?
A. Two white kittens
B. Two black kittens
C. One white kitten and one black kitten
D. There’s no way to know.
7. Helen is going from her house to Six Flags. She is on the back roads now but is about to get on the highway. Her speedometer above shows how fast she is travelling on the back roads. The highway’s speed limit is 65 miles per hour. How much faster will Helen be travelling on the highway if she goes the speed limit?
A. 20 miles per hour B. 45 miles per hour
C. 65 miles per hour D. 25 miles per hour
8. Mr. Franklin is in charge of his family’s finances. He created the circle graph above to show the family budget. About how much money for every dollar of income has Mr. Franklin designated to clothing?
A. $1.00 B. 10 cents C. 1 cent D. 156 cents
9. Sam is on the track team. He just timed himself as he ran 1000 yards. It took him 4 minutes. If Sam can run 2250 yards at the same rate, how long will it take him?
A. 2 minutes B. 8 minutes C. 8 minutes D. 12 minutes
10. Maria needed to fix a 3-inch by 4-inch rectangular area on the bathroom floor. How many 1-inch square tiles will she need?
A. 6 B. 7 C. 12 D. 14
Nội dung đề thi chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 23 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013