Dưới đây là đoạn tài liệu được trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 28 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Everyone in Mrs. Johnson’s art class was given a piece of paper in the shape of a triangle. They were told that they could fold the paper any way they wanted. Phillip folded his paper along the dotted lines, shown above. When Phillip’s paper is folded, what will it look like?
2. Michelle built the object above out of building blocks. She asked her little sister to build something that is the same shape and size. If Michelle’s little sister is correct, what will she build?
3. Mr. Trout owns the Sea Shanty hotel. He would like to put up a tugboat wallpaper border along the top of all four walls in the meeting room, shown above. What is the length of wallpaper border needed for the meeting room?
A. 60 feet B. 42 feet C. 24 feet D. 21 feet
4. Madison’s class is learning about scales. She placed 2 pyramids on one side of a scale. Her friend, Allison, placed 1 cube on the other side of the scale to balance it. Which of the equations below describes the balance shown by the scale above?
5. Gina is making a toy for her cat. She is using a stick and tying ribbon to it. There will be 63 cm of red ribbon, 42 cm of white ribbon, and 30 cm of green ribbon. She will put the 3 pieces together, end-to-end, for the cat to chase. How long will the ribbon be on the cat toy?
A. 105 cm B. 1 m, 35 cm
C. 13 m, 5 cm D. 15 m, 3 cm
6. Carmen has two quarters and two dimes. According to the price list above, which items could she buy at the school store?
A. 3 pencils
B. 1 ruler and 2 pencils
C. 1 pencil, 1 ruler, and 1 eraser
D. 10 erasers
7. David created the table above. The numbers in Column A are the number of baseball cards he and his friends had last year. The numbers in Column B are the number of baseball cards they have this year. A pattern occurred in the amount of cards owned from last year to this year. Which rule is used in this table to get the numbers in Column B from the numbers in Column A?
A. Multiply the number in Column A by 4.
B. Divide the number in Column A by 4.
C. Subtract 9 from the number in Column A.
D. Add 9 to the number in Column A.
8. Trish wants to travel the world. She made a list of 217 places she would like to see. She just added more places to her list. The last place was numbered as 217. Replacing the digit 1 with the digit 5, gives the new last number. By how much would 217 be increased if the digit 1 were replaced by digit 5?
A. 4 B. 40 C. 44 D. 400
9. Max and Ryan are going on vacation at the same time. Max is going to the highest point in Wyoming, Gannett Peak. Gannett Peak is 13,804 feet. Ryan is going to the lowest point in Wyoming, Belle Fourche River Valley. The valley is 3,100 feet. Which is the best estimate of the difference between the highest and lowest points?
A. 1,000 feet B. 9,000 feet
C. 11,000 feet D. 13,000 feet
10. Ms. Hutt asked her students if the answer to the problem above is reasonable. Which statement is most accurate?
A. The answer is NOT reasonable because 90 – 40 = 50.
B. The answer is NOT reasonable because 90 – 60 = 30.
C. The answer IS reasonable because 90 – 50 = 40.
D. The answer IS reasonable because 100 – 60 = 40.
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh xem tiếp nội dung tài liệu này trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 28 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013
. Ngoài ra, có thể download về làm tài liệu tham khảo bằng cách đăng nhập vào hệ thống eLib.vn của chúng tôi.