Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 31 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Will is creating a checkerboard, but he still has a long way to go to complete it. So far he has a rectangle board with six painted squares, shown above. What part of Will’s rectangular checkerboard has he painted gray?
A. 2/6 B. 3/6 C. 4/6 D. 5/6
2. Elena has a thermometer outside her window. She has been keeping track of the temperature outside. On Thursday, the temperature was 72 degrees. On Friday, it was 69 degrees. On Saturday, it was 83 degrees, and on Sunday, it was 86 degrees. If Elena wants to see how the temperature changed during the four days, what should she do?
A. guess and check
B. make a simple problem
C. work backwards
D. make a graph
3. Spencer is a musician who plays the guitar. When he listens to music, he becomes inspired and writes his own songs to play. Yesterday, he had 5,742 songs on his iPhone. Today, he organized his music and now keeps a different number of songs on his iPhone. The amount can be found by taking the 7 from yesterday’s number and replacing it with a 3. How is the new number different from the old number?
A. It would be 40 smaller.
B. It would be 40 bigger.
C. It would be 400 smaller.
D. It would be 400 bigger.
4. Autumn walked by her classroom’s whiteboard and accidentally erased part of an equation. The equation is shown above. If Autumn fixes the equation correctly, what operation should she write in the box?
A. addition B. subtraction
C. division D. multiplication
5. Keiko wants to measure the distance from his house to school. It takes him fifteen minutes to get to school by car. Which unit would be BEST for measuring the distance from Keiko’s house to school?
A. centimeter B. meter C. mile D. foot
6. Brooklyn is cutting out pieces of paper to use as confetti. Four of the pieces she has cut out are shown above. Which statement describes Brooklyn’s four pieces of confetti correctly?
A. all the same kind of shape
B. all perpendicular
C. all symmetrical
D. all parallel
7. Mr. Miller and his chaperones are taking students from King Elementary School on a field trip to the science museum. They are all going on a bus. There are 20 seats on the bus that are filled with students. There are three students on each seat. How many students are on the bus?
A. 20 B. 50 C. 60 D. 70
8. Courtney, Timothy and Kevin are all reading The Call of the Wild. Courtney has finished 9/12 of the book. Timothy has finished 5/12 of the book. Kevin has read less than Courtney but more than Timothy. Which fraction below could Kevin have read?
A. 5/12 B. 7/12 C. 9/12 D. 11/12
9. Xander and Parker are playing Connect Four. The game has circular spaces, shown above. Which number sentence below correctly represents the circular spaces in Connect Four?
A. 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20
B. 5 + 5 + 20 = 30
C. 6 x 5 = 30
D. 6 x 6 = 30
10. If Kendall gets the statement above correct, her team wins the game! What answer should go in the square block to make the statement correct?
A. 1/5 B. 3/5 C. 1/10 D. 3/10
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 31 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!