Để không bỡ ngỡ khi bước vào kỳ thi Olympic Tiếng Anh trên mạng, thư viện eLib giới thiệu với các em Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 7 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012. Đề thi được chọn lọc từ các năm trước, nội dung đa dạng sẽ giúp các em làm quen với các dạng bài tập khó, cấu trúc đề thi. Hi vọng đây sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích cho các em.
Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 7 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012
Tóm tắt nội dung
Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 7 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) reflect the United States founders' desire for individual freedom and their opposition to the centralization of power. Which of these is not a right of United States citizens?
A. to make choices about their lives
B. to have a fair trial
C. to make decisions that take away certain rights from others
D. to vote in elections
2. During the English settlements in Virginia, ______________ was a city that developed along the Potomac River. It was a deepwater port that allowed ocean-going ships to carry crops to England.
3. By the 1850s, people in the South had very different views from people in the North. Which of the following is one reason why?
A. The two regions developed different economic systems.
B. The people had different religions.
C. The people who settled the South were from France.
D. The two regions had different governments.
4. Map key or legend is an explanatory list of the symbols on a map or chart. According to the map key shown above, which region of the United States does NOT have any mountains?
5. Federalism is the division of powers between the different levels of government - national, state, and local. Which of the following would be a power ONLY the federal government can do?
A. declare war
B. build roads
C. tax people
D. provide schools
6. Deserts take up one-third of the Earth's land surface. The largest cold desert is Antarctica. Sahara is the world's largest hot desert and second largest desert. What feature do all deserts have in common?
A. a hot climate
B. a dry climate
7. Which of the following statements about the economic term "services" is true?
A. Services are people and places.
B. Services are jobs people do to help other people.
C. Services are resources found in nature.
D. Services are objects that people are paid to make.
8. The English colonies in North America were settled for different reasons. What was the colony of Maryland established in the 1600s for?
A. only for people who could not pay their debts and were in jail
B. for people of different beliefs, especially Catholics
C. only for people who owned land in England and Ireland
D. for people of different races, especially Asians
9. Georgia is a state in the southern region of the United States of America. The map above shows Georgia's largest cities. According to the map, which city is 150 miles southwest of Savannah?
10. People have adapted to their environments and made the use of natural resources to meet basic needs. Can you explain why fruits and vegetables are often grown closer to cities?
A. People in the cities like fruits and vegetables more than people in small towns do.
B. Fresh produce must get to the stores quickly before it spoils.
C. Fruits and vegetables must be grown in an urban area.
D. The soil is better there.
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 7 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.