Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The Louisiana Purchase was the acquisition by the United States of approximately 530 million acres (828,000 sq mi) of French territory in 1803, at the cost of about 3¢ per acre. ______________ decided to purchase Louisiana because he felt uneasy about France and Spain having the power to block American traders' access to the port of New Orleans.
A. George Washington
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Patrick Henry
D. Abraham Lincoln
Brandon has learned that if you save your money in the bank, the bank gives you some extra money every month. It is called interest.
2. Why does the bank give interest on the money in your savings account?
A. Because you asked for it.
B. Because it’s a nice thing to do.
C. Because they use your money to make more money.
D. Because it is against the law not doing so.
3. The map above shows the place where the English made their first permanent settlement in North America. This place was __________________.
A. near the Chesapeake Bay
B. in Roanoke
C. on the Potomac River
D. at the mouth of the James River
4. The word Shenandoah was derived from a Native American expression for "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars". The Shenandoah Valley region of western Virginia is bounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east and the Appalachian and Allegheny Plateaus to the west. The English settlements had their cities developed in the Shenandoah Valley because ______________.
A. it was a beautiful area for tourism
B. it had natural shelter from mountains and rich soil for farming
C. rivers were a main form of transportation
D. of its easy access to the Atlantic Ocean
5. The Colony of Virginia was the English colony in North America that existed briefly during the 16th century until the American Revolution. The name "Virginia" was to the "Virgin Queen Elizabeth I", who ruled England during the period of its establishment. Why did Queen Elizabeth I want to set up an English colony in North America?
A. So that Spain and France would not gain control of the entire North America
B. She hoped to increase England's wealth by finding gold, silver, and other riches in North America.
C. A settlement would furnish raw materials that could not be grown or obtained in England.
D. All of the above
6. The Founding Fathers, the framers of the Constitution, wanted to form a government that did not allow one person or one party to have too much authority or control. They wrote the Constitution to provide for a separation of powers, or three separate branches of government. Each has its own responsibilities and at the same time they work together to make the country run smoothly and to assure that the rights of citizens are not ignored or disallowed. Which branch of the government sees that the laws are carried out fairly?
7. The Native Americans had been kind to the early English colonists. They helped the early English colonists by ___________________.
A. providing cheap labor
B. selling them materials for building their homes
C. teaching them strategies for survival
D. teaching them to read
8. Regions are areas and or the spaces used in the study of geography. A region can be defined by physical characteristics, human characteristics and functional characteristics. What kind of region is based a group's customs, foods, or language?
A. an industrial region
B. an urban region
C. a mining region
D. a cultural region
Attracted by reports of great economic opportunities and religious and political freedom, immigrants from many other countries flocked to the United States in increasing numbers.
9. Why do some people call the United States a "nation of immigrants"?
A. It has many visitors from around the world.
B. Few people are citizens.
C. People from around the world have come to live here.
D. The country's economy is based on world trade.
10. Congress is the legislature of the United States government. Who makes up the Congress?
A. President and Vice President
B. Senate and House of Representatives
C. mayor and city council
D. governor and legislative
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.