Bộ đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8 năm 2012 dành cho học sinh lớp 4 đang chuẩn bị thi Olympic Tiếng Anh trên mạng, giúp các em phát triển tư duy, năng khiếu môn Tiếng Anh. Chúc các bạn đạt được điểm cao trong kì thi này nhé.
Tóm tắt Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8 năm 2012
Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The Louisiana Purchase was the acquisition by the United States of approximately 530 million acres (828,000 sq mi) of French territory in 1803, at the cost of about 3¢ per acre. ______________ decided to purchase Louisiana because he felt uneasy about France and Spain having the power to block American traders' access to the port of New Orleans.
A. George Washington
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Patrick Henry
D. Abraham Lincoln
Brandon has learned that if you save your money in the bank, the bank gives you some extra money every month. It is called interest.
2. Why does the bank give interest on the money in your savings account?
A. Because you asked for it.
B. Because it’s a nice thing to do.
C. Because they use your money to make more money.
D. Because it is against the law not doing so.
3. The map above shows the place where the English made their first permanent settlement in North America. This place was __________________.
A. near the Chesapeake Bay
B. in Roanoke
C. on the Potomac River
D. at the mouth of the James River
4. The word Shenandoah was derived from a Native American expression for "Beautiful Daughter of the Stars". The Shenandoah Valley region of western Virginia is bounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east and the Appalachian and Allegheny Plateaus to the west. The English settlements had their cities developed in the Shenandoah Valley because ______________.
A. it was a beautiful area for tourism
B. it had natural shelter from mountains and rich soil for farming
C. rivers were a main form of transportation
D. of its easy access to the Atlantic Ocean
5. The Colony of Virginia was the English colony in North America that existed briefly during the 16th century until the American Revolution. The name "Virginia" was to the "Virgin Queen Elizabeth I", who ruled England during the period of its establishment. Why did Queen Elizabeth I want to set up an English colony in North America?
A. So that Spain and France would not gain control of the entire North America
B. She hoped to increase England's wealth by finding gold, silver, and other riches in North America.
C. A settlement would furnish raw materials that could not be grown or obtained in England.
D. All of the above
Nội dung đề thi chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 8 năm 2012