Dưới đây là đoạn tài liệu được trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 9 năm 2013:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
Choose the best answer for the following questions. (2 points per question)
1. Chris and his friends are doing Secret Santa. They each put their names in a hat. There are 7 names in the hat. Four of the names start with the letter J. If Chris picks a name without looking, what is the chance that he will pick a name that begins with J?
A. 1 out of 4 B. 1 out of 7 C. 3 out of 7 D. 4 out of 7
2. Rachel has a lot of empty Kleenex boxes in her house. She drew arrows on them and created the pattern above. If Rachel adds two more Kleenex boxes to her pattern, how would she arrange them?
3. David is fascinated by the knowledge that some insects can lift objects that weigh 50 times their own weight. David, who weighs 70 pounds, daydreams what it would be like if he could lift 50 times his weight. If David could lift 50 times his weight, how much could he lift?
A. 120 pounds B. 350 pounds
C. 1,200 pounds D. 3,500 pounds
4. Nathan made a drawing that has exactly 3 triangles and 1 rectangle. Which drawing below could be the one Nathan made?
5. Katie’s dog eats about 28 pounds of dog food each month. Which is the best estimate of the amount of dog food her dog eats in a year?
A. 350 pounds B. 200 pounds C. 500 pounds D. 450 pounds
6. Paula timed how long some traffic lights stayed red before changing to green. The graph above shows the seconds the traffic light at each cross street stayed red. At which cross street is the traffic light red more than 10 seconds but less than 20 seconds?
A. Pine St. B. Elm St. C. Market St. D. Cayuga St.
7. Sean set a goal to read 585 pages this month. He has already read 66 pages. How many pages does Sean have left to read this month?
A. 419 B. 519 C. 521 D. 529
8. Ray needs new notebooks for his history class, English class, and science class. He went to Wal-Mart and bought 1 notebook for each of those classes. Each notebook contained 90 sheets of paper. How many sheets of paper did Ray buy for his classes?
A. 30 B. 90 C. 180 D. 270
9. Lily’s volleyball team is about to start playing a game against another team. Before the game starts, the six members of Lily’s team shake hands with one another. How many handshakes are there in all?
A. 10 B. 15 C. 30 D. 36
10. Nina wants to buy a $100-scooter. She has $80 already. What percent of the $100 does Nina already have?
A. 0.8% B. 8% C. 80% D. 800%
Nhanh tay, tải miễn phí Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 4 vòng 9 năm 2013
này các em nhé. Chúc các em thành công!