Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 1 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Mr. Stewart is going to teach his art students how to mold clay today. To prepare for class, he stacked cubes of clay into the formation shown above. Each cube measures 1 unit on each side. What is the volume of this stack of clay in cubic units?
A. 12 cubic units B. 18 cubic units
C. 24 cubic units D. 8 cubic units
2. Earth has four large bodies of water called oceans. The average depth, in feet, of each of the four oceans is shown in the map above. What is the difference, in feet, between the average depths of the shallowest ocean and the deepest ocean?
A. 9,191 feet B. 9,518 feet C. 16,332 feet D. 19,528 feet
3. Landon found the caterpillar above underneath a milkweed leaf. The picture shows the actual size of the caterpillar. Which of the measurements below best describes the length of Landon’s caterpillar?
A. 4 millimeters B. 4 centimeters
C. 4 kilometers D. 4 meters
4. Quinn’s gymnastics class stood in rows to have their team picture taken. The photographer told 2 people to stand in the first row, 4 people to stand in the second row, and 6 people to stand in the third row. If the photographer continued the pattern, how many people did he tell to stand in the sixth row?
A. 7 B. 8 C. 10 D. 12
5. Native Americans discovered popcorn thousands of years ago. Today, Americans use 500,000,000 pounds of popcorn each year. Josh made the circle graph above to show how Americans use all this popcorn. What percent of the popcorn is used at home?
A. 40% B. 50% C. 60% D. 70%
6. Carla created the figure above in her art class. Which of the following images shows the figure rotated 90° clockwise?
7. Every year, green sea turtles swim from Brazil to a faraway island in the south Atlantic Ocean. If n represents the number of miles in a one-way trip, which of the following expressions shows the number of miles green sea turtles swim in a round trip from Brazil to the island and back to Brazil?
A. 2 - n B. 2 + n C. 2 ÷ n D. 2n
8. After studying the Aztec civilization of central Mexico, a student drew one half of an Aztec medallion using the grid above. The dotted line represents a line of symmetry. Which of the following methods should the student use to move the drawing and make a symmetrical medallion?
A. turn B. flip C. slide D. slide and turn
9. Denise and Nona play on their school’s soccer team. Denise scored 4 goals last season. Nona scored 5 goals. Together Denise and Nona scored half of the team’s total number of goals last season. How many goals did the team score altogether last season?
A. 9 goals B. 13 goals C. 15 goals D. 18 goals
10. Robert’s mother stopped at a gas station to fill her car’s gas tank with 18 gallons of gasoline. If the gasoline cost $1.50 per gallon, how much money did Robert’s mother pay to fill the tank?
A. $27 B. $28 C. $29 D. $30
Nội dung trên chỉ thể hiện một phần hoặc nhiều phần trích dẫn. Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 1 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013