Dưới đây là đoạn trích Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 1 đề thi số 3 năm học 2013 được trích từ tài liệu cùng tên trong BST:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Mandy made a cube using a piece of paper. Then, she unfolded it to make some designs on each of the faces. Which of the following figures represents what Mandy’s unfolded cube look like?
2. Angie and Judith were eating all of the Snickers bars in their Halloween candy bags. Judith ate half as many Snickers bars as Angie did. If N represents the number of Snickers bars Angie ate, which expression could be used to find the number of Snickers bars Judith ate?
A. N + 2 B. N ÷ 2 C. N - 2 D. 2N
3. The Glee Club was having a bake sale for their trip to nationals. Paul saw the sale in the cafeteria and bought 3/4 of the chocolate chip cookies they had. What percentage of the chocolate chip cookies did Paul NOT buy?
A. 25% B. 35% C. 45% D. 55%
4. Jody is baking a cake for her best friend’s birthday. The recipe for her cake requires 1/2 a stick of butter. Which picture shows how much butter the recipe requires?
5. Mrs. Jordan wants to change the carpeting in her classroom. Which of the following metric units should she use to measure the width of her classroom?
A. millimeter B. centimeter C. meter D. kilometer
6. Mr. McKinney plotted the two points marked on the grid above. He asked Josie to come up to the grid to plot a pair of coordinates that will form a rectangle with the other two points. Which of the following coordinates should Josie plot?
A. (-3,2) and (2,-2) B. (2,4) and (7,4)
C. (3,-1) and (2,-1) D. (-3,3) and (2,3)
7. The area of Rice University’s rectangular swimming pool is 300 square feet. The length of the pool is three times the width. What are the length and width of the pool? (Area = length x width)
A. length = 300 feet and width = 10 feet
B. length = 15 feet and width = 5 feet
C. length = 45 feet and width = 15 feet
D. length = 30 feet and width = 10 feet
8. Ben went to Aeropostale to buy some new clothes for school. He bought a shirt for $21.50, shorts for $15.29, and socks for $2.97. He also paid $1.99 in sales tax. Which equation can you use to calculate the change he received from a $100 bill?
A. $21.50 + $15.29 + $2.97 + $1.99 = n
B. $100.00 - $21.50 - $15.20 - $2.97 + $1.99 = n
C. $100.00 - ($21.50 + $15.29 + $2.97 + $1.99) = n
D. $100 - $43.00 = n
9. Mrs. Field’s class went on a trip to the Natural Science Museum. Four vans were needed to take the 17 students to the museum. 5 students can be seated in each of the first 3 vans. Which of the following number sentences should Mrs. Field use to figure out the number of students that will be seated in the last van?
A. 5 - 4 = 1 B. 20 - 17 = 3 C. 17 - 5 - 5 = 7 D. 17 - 5 x 3 = 2
10. When Alex was born, his sister, Teri, was five years old and his brother, Mark, was two years old. If T represents Teri’s age, which of the following expressions can be used to find Alex’s age now?
A. 2 + T B. T + 5 C. T - 2 D. T - 5
Hãy tham khảo toàn bộ tài liệu Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 1 đề thi số 3 năm học 2013
trong bộ sưu tập nhé!