Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 12 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Farmer Johnson wants to make a fence that is shaped like parallelogram WXYZ shown above. He wants to put his pigs on the right of the divider fence and his horses on the left of the divider. If the area of triangle WXY is 22 square inches, what is the area of WXYZ?
A. 11 square inches B. 22 square inches
C. 33 square inches D. 44 square inches
2. Billy has a rectangular shoebox with the dimensions shown above. The length of the box is 14 inches, the height is 8 inches, and the width is 3 inches. What is the volume of the shoebox?
A. 25 cu in. B. 42 cu in. C. 112 cu in. D. 336 cu in.
3. Zachary rode his bike on Saturday. He rode 10 miles to Jack's house. Then, they walked 5 miles to John's house and back to Jack’s house. Afterwards, Zachary rode home from Jack's house. How many total miles did Zachary ride on Saturday?
A. 10 miles B. 15 miles C. 20 miles D. 25 miles
4. During a track meet, Lisa ran a 1-kilometer race and Linda ran a 400-meter race. How many more meters did Lisa run than Linda ran? (1000m = 1 km)
A. 600 m B. 800 m C. 1,000 m D. 1,200 m
5. Thomas ate an entire chocolate covered strawberry in three hundredths of a second. Liana ate a chocolate covered strawberry of the same size in ten times the amount of time it took Thomas. How many seconds did it take Liana to eat the strawberry?
A. 0.10 B. 0.30 C. 0.50 D. 0.70
6. Joe took some shapes from his shape box and assigned letters to them, as shown above. He made the analogy above using some of the shapes. Which of the following best completes Joe’s analogy?
A. A B. B C. C D. D
7. Ophelia stayed at a beach resort in Miami for a week. On Monday, she spent 5 hours tanning on the beach. On Wednesday, she spent 4 hours shopping. On Friday, she spent 7 hours swimming at the beach. On Sunday, she spent 12 hours reading a book at the beach. How many more hours did she spend at the beach on Friday than on Monday?
A. 7 hours B. 5 hours C. 12 hours D. 2 hours
Để có đầy đủ, chi tiết và đúng định dạng, bạn vui lòng tải Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 12 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013