Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 2 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013. Mời quý thầy cô tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. At the beginning of June, a copy machine’s counter read that 6,583 copies had been made so far. By the end of the month, it read 82,110. The copies cost 4/3 cents per page. What was the approximate total cost of the copies for the month?
A. $10,000.00 B. $2,200.00 C. $1,000.00 D. $200.00
2. Patricia is a real estate agent. As part of her pay, she is given a commission that is a percentage of the sale price. According to the table above, what would be her total commission on a farm that sold for $1,750,000?
A. $87,500 B. $100,000 C. $102,000 D. $140,000
3. Rosa wants to identify the shapes of different objects in her house. She points to one object and identifies it as a rectangular prism. Which of the following objects is Rosa referring to?
4. Richard drew the figure above using a ruler and a protractor. Which line segment is the hypotenuse of a right triangle?
A. CD B. BC C. CE D. BD
5. Ann always complains that she has a million things to do. If she would take just 2 minutes to do each thing, approximately how long would it take her to do a million things?
A. 140 days B. 55 months C. 30 hours D. 4 years
6. The railing that surrounds a running track consists of a rectangle with a semicircle at each end as shown in the figure above. What is the approximate area that the railing surrounds?
A. 1200 m 2 B. 2456 m 2 C. 1514 m 2 D. 160 m 2
7. Kim needs a certain shade of pink paint for a handmade toy. This shade is made by mixing white and red paint in a ratio of 1 to 3. How many fluid ounces of red paint would be needed to make 12 fluid ounces of this pink paint?
A. 4 fluid ounces B. 6 fluid ounces C. 8 fluid ounces D. 9 fluid ounces
8. James took a survey of his classmates’ favorite pet and recorded the information in the Venn diagram above. How many of James’s classmates like dogs and birds, but not cats?
A. 18 B. 16 C. 22 D. 20
9. What is the ratio of the number of students who like all of the different kinds of pets to the total number of students who answered the survey?
A. 4 to 144 B. 4 to 140 C. 4 to 136 D. 4 to 128
10. Jane earns $10 each week during the summer mowing lawns in her neighborhood. Jane always saves 25% of her earnings. If she works 9 weeks during the summer, how much can she expect to save by the end of the summer?
A. $19 B. $25 C. $22.5 D. $90
Quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 2 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.