Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 20 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Mrs. Gilbert distributed a rock collection to each group in her class. Each group had to sort its collection according to the Moh’s Scale of hardness. Frank’s group sorted its rocks as follows: 3 calcite, 1 gypsum, 6 quartz, and 2 talc. If Frank put the rocks in a closed paper bag and picked one, which rock type would he be most likely to pick from the bag?
A. calcite B. gypsum C. quartz D. talc
2. Julia is learning how to write different fractions as decimals. Which of the following represents seven-tenths as a decimal?
A. 0.1 B. 0.07 C. 0.7 D. 7
3. Mia wants to give each of her 21 classmates 4/3 yards of red ribbon to make a bow. How many yards of ribbon does Mia need to buy to make sure each classmate has enough?
A. 20 yards B. 28 yards C. 48 yards D. 68 yards
4. Jacqueline goes runs at sunrise and sunset every day. She records the sunrise and sunset times for each month in the chart above. Three of the months in her chart are shown above. Which of the following statements about Jacqueline’s chart is true?
A. If it is January, then the sun is up at 6:00 AM.
B. If it is September, then there are exactly 12 hours of daylight.
C. If a soccer team can only play in daylight, then the team could still be out playing at 7:00 PM in May.
D. If a store's lights turn on at sunset, then in May the store's lights would be on at 7:15 PM.
5. Donna read 43 books during her school’s year-long reading competition. If Donna read one more book, the number of books she read this year would have been double the number of books she read last year. How many books did Donna read last year?
A. 11 B. 22 C. 33 D. 44
6. Mario can’t decide if he wants to eat at Applebee’s, Bennihana’s, Chili’s, or Denny’s for dinner. He made the four spinners above with the first letter of each restaurant to help him decide. Which two spinners have an equal chance of spinning a C?
A. I and II B. I and III C. II and III D. III and IV
7. Lillian has a cold. She went to Dr. Vega’s office to get some medicine. The doctor prescribed 2 mL of medicine twice a day for 10 days. How many mL of medicine will Lillian have taken at the end of the 10 days?
A. 1 liter B. 40 ml C. 20 ml D. 12 ml
Thư viện eLib mong rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 20 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
sẽ là tài liệu hữu ích cho quý thầy cô và các bạn học sinh.