Mời bạn tham khảo đoạn trích trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 3 đề thi số 5 năm học 2012 của thư viện eLib dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Kevin is looking for two numbers that have 6 as their greatest common factor. Which of the following sets should Kevin choose?
A. 12 and 18
B. 2 and 4
C. 20 and 24
D. 12 and 24
2. John’s mother asked him to go to Office Max to buy a new cartridge of printer ink. The original cost of the ink was $20.00. If John used a 25% off coupon, how much money did he save?
3. On one side of a balanced scale, Tina placed a 10-gram weight. On the other side of the scale, she placed 4 paper clips. Each paper clip has the same weight. How much does one paper clip weigh?
A. 40 g
B. 2.5 g
C. 2 g
D. 1.6 g
4. For Lucy to make her favorite chocolate cake, she will need 1.25 cups of sugar, 2.5 cups of flour, and 3/4 of a cup of chocolate chips. How many cups of ingredients will Lucy need altogether?
5. José is planting a garden in his backyard. He wants half of the garden filled with vegetables. He wants 1/3 of the vegetable area to be made up of broccoli. What fraction of the garden will have broccoli?
6. Fred collects football cards of his favorite team players. He gave Georgia half of his football cards. Georgia wants to share her new football cards equally with her friend Joe. What portion of Fred’s original card collection did Joe get?
7. Mrs. Quizzer recorded her students’ test scores in the chart above. Which student has the median test score of all the test scores combined?
8. On one side of a balance scale, Juan placed a 9-gram weight. On the other side of the scale, he placed 6 dimes. The scale was balanced. If each dime weighed the same, what was the weight of one dime?
A. 15 grams
B. 3 grams
C. 1.5 grams
D. 2 gram
9. Ronaldo’s homework assignment is to write one true statement about a proper fraction with a denominator of 13. Which of the following sentences should Ronaldo submit to get full credit?
A. It is in its reduced form.
B. It is equivalent to 1/3.
C. It is equivalent to 1/2.
D. Its numerator can only be an odd number.
Hy vọng rằng BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 3 đề thi số 5 năm học 2012
sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu tham khảo, giúp các em học sinh học tập tốt hơn.