Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 35 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013. Mời quý thầy cô tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Chase wants to have an ice cream party at his house. The prices for a gallon of ice cream and a box of ice cream cones are shown above. How much would 2 gallons of ice cream and 2 boxes of ice cream cones cost altogether?
A. $12.64 B. $12.84 C. $14.64 D. $14.84
2. Kathleen is comparing two kinds of aquariums. The first aquarium can hold a maximum of 12.875 gallons of water. The second aquarium can hold a maximum of 10.65 gallons of water. How many more gallons of water can the first aquarium hold than the second?
A. 1.225 B. 1.181 C. 2.010 D. 2.225
3. Lisa ate 7 8/9 of her personal size pizza. Jamie ate 2 6/7 of her personal size pizza. How much more pizza did Lisa eat than Jamie ate?
A. 5 B. 5 1/8 C. 5 2/63 D. 5 1/3
4. Mark is at the grocery store to buy some fruit. He measures each fruit on the scale to calculate its cost. What is the approximate weight of the pear shown above?
A. 4 ounces B. 4 pounds C. 40 pounds D. 40 tons
5. Ricky placed the mailing label shown above on an envelope to pay her bill. What is the approximate length of the mailing label?
A. 1 1/8 in. B. 2 in. C. 5 2/5 in. D. 6 1/2 in.
6. Elsa wants to start a garden in her backyard. For which of the following reasons would she need to know the perimeter of the garden?
A. To determine how much fertilizer is needed to cover the garden
B. To determine how much water is needed for the garden
C. To determine how many seeds are needed to fill the garden with plants
D. To determine how many feet of fencing are needed to go around the garden
7. Katy drew line segment AB on the board during math class. Which of the following could be Katy’s drawing?
8. A train left Brockton at 8:16 AM and arrived in Deming at 3:45 PM on Monday. If there were no stops, how long did the trip take?
A. 7 hours, 31 minutes B. 19 hours, 29 minutes
C. 7 hours, 29 minutes D. 5 hours, 31 minutes
9. For homework tonight, Wally has to draw a shape that has exactly two right angles. Which of the following shapes could be Wally’s?
10. Mrs. Soliz wrote the following four statements about the diameter of a circle. Only one of the sentences is correct. Which of the statements is true?
A. Divides a circle into fourths
B. Intersects at only one point on the circle
C. Shortest distance across a circle
D. Intersects the center of a circle
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 35 đề thi số 1 năm học 2013
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!