Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu phần trích dẫn nội dung của tài liệu đầu tiên trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 6 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The food web above shows that some animals eat plants and some animals eat other animals. According to this web, if a large number of sparrows caught a disease and died, what animal would probably increase in number?
2. Which picture shows the safest way to smell a liquid?
3. All of the organisms in this diagram obtain energy by consuming other organisms except what?
4. The table above describes some weather conditions for the four cities shown on the map above. Using the information in the table, which statement is the most accurate?
A. Summer days are cooler the farther the city is from the ocean.
B. Dallas, Texas receives less precipitation than New Orleans, Louisiana.
C. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma receives more precipitation than New Orleans, Louisiana.
D. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is cooler in the summer than Dallas, Texas.
5. Look at the picture above, which of the following best describes the forces being used by the dog?
A. The dog is pulling on the ground and pulling on the rope.
B. The dog is pulling on the ground and pushing on the rope.
C. The dog is pushing off the ground and pulling on the rope.
D. The dog is pushing off the ground and pushing on the rope.
6. The graph above compares the amount of rainfall in a city during the first six months of the year 2000 and during the first six months of the year 2001. About how much more rain fell in this city in June 2001 than in February 2000?
A. 3 centimeters
B. 5 centimeters
C. 15 centimeters
D. 20 centimeters
7. Using the battery and light bulb shown above, how could you show that metal conducts electricity and glass does not conduct electricity?
A. Touch the metal and glass bars together.
B. Touch wire 1 to the metal bar and then to the glass bar.
C. Touch wire 2 to the metal bar and then to the glass bar.
D. Touch wires 1 and 2 to opposite ends of the metal bar and repeat with the glass bar.
8. Mrs. Stevens asked her class to identify the clouds they saw outside. The class observed that the clouds were low in the sky and were light gray. The students could not see any blue sky through the clouds. Which is the most likely identification of the clouds observed by the class?
9. Birds that prey on other birds usually have short, curved beaks and strong feet with sharp talons. Look at the birds above, which of theses birds most likely preys on other birds?
A. house sparrow
B. blue jay
C. mourning dove
D. sharp-shinned hawk
10. Alex did an activity to see if shiny surfaces or dark surfaces are better at absorbing heat. He began by filling two identical clear jars with water. Which of these steps should be last in Alex's activity?
A. Place the jars an equal distance from a heat lamp.
B. Record the temperature of the water in each jar after one hour under the heat lamp.
C. Record the starting temperature of the water in each jar.
D. Cover one jar with black paper for a dark surface and the other with tin foil for a shiny surface.
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 6 đề thi số 1 năm học 2012
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.