Đồng hành cùng người học, đó là tiêu chí hàng đầu của thư viện eLib. Vì vậy, nhằm hỗ trợ các bạn học sinh đang chuẩn bị cho kì thi Olympic Tiếng Anh trên mạng có thêm nhiều tài liệu học tập và luyện thi, chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến các bạn bộ Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 8 năm 2012. Chúc các bạn thành công!
Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 8 năm 2012
Tóm tắt nội dung
Mời quý thầy cô và các em cùng tham khảo đoạn nội dung được trích từ bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 8 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Which of these statements below can you infer by using the St. Augustine timeline above?
A. St. Augustine is a new city in Florida.
B. St. Augustine was founded in 1750.
C. St. Augustine has been a city for over 400 years.
D. St. Augustine was founded after Florida became a state.
2. Based on the timeline, which of these statements is not true?
A. St. Augustine celebrated its 400th birthday in 1965.
B. Menendez built St. Augustine.
C. Florida became a state after 1800.
D. Castillo de San Marcos is an older city than St. Augustine.
3. What best explains the migration patterns shown on the map above?
A. Cuban immigrants were looking for jobs as farm workers.
B. European immigrants were seeking wartime employment in factories.
C. Native Americans were looking for abandoned farmland in the Dust Bowl.
D. African Americans were searching for employment in Northern industries.
4. Which inference about World War I is best supported by the data in the graph above?
A. American exports remained constant during the war.
B. Germany increased trade with the U.S. after war began.
C. President Wilson's call for strict neutrality was difficult to meet.
D. The Allies had no need for U.S. exports.
5. Look at the map above. Which region of Oklahoma is shared with Texas?
A. Prairie Plains
B. Ozark Plateau
C. Red River Plains
D. Wichita Mountains
6. In response to an increased need for farm and industrial labor in the nineteenth century, what did the United States government favor?
A. the unionization of workers
B. virtually unrestricted immigration
C. recruitment and retraining of former slaves
D. vocational and post-secondary education
7. What is the line of longitude that is west of the prime meridian, halfway between 0° and 180°?
A. 90°E longitude
B. 45°E longitude
C. 90°W longitude
D. 45°W longitude
"...the main element of any United States foreign policy toward the Soviet Union must be that of a long-term, patient but firm and vigilant containment of Russian expansive tendencies."
—George F. Kennan, 1947
8. Which of these foreign policy actions was not a response to the policy proposed by Kennan?
A. Persian Gulf War
B. Korean War
C. Berlin Airlift
D. Cuban Missile Blockade
9. The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution guarantees what right?
A. the right to assemble peacefully
B. the right to bear arms
C. the right to remain silent
D. the right to receive a jury trial
10. Margaret's daddy told her that his salary is paid twice a month by his employer through EFT. Do you know what EFT stands for?
A. Everyday Financial Transactions
B. Effective Funds Transfer
C. Electronic Funds Transfer
D. Employee’s Funds Transfer
Để xem thêm các nội dung về Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 8 năm 2012
hay khác, quý thầy cô và các em cùng download BST về tham khảo nhé (hoàn toàn miễn phí)!