Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 9 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013. Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
Choose the best answer for the following questions. (2 points per question)
1. A librarian is setting up tables in the media center. He can place 4 chairs around one table. If he pushes 2 tables together, he can place six chairs around the table. If 10 people need to sit around the table, how many tables should the librarian push together?
A triangular number is the number of dots in an equilateral triangle evenly filled with dots. For example, three dots can be arranged in a triangle; thus three is a triangle number. The nth triangle number is the number of dots in a triangle with n dots on a side. The sequence of triangular numbers for n = 1, 2, 3... is: 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28, 36, 45, 55, ...
The sum of the n first triangular numbers is the nth tetrahedral number. Its formula is [n(n+1)(n+2)]/6. The sequence of numbers is: 1, 4, 10, 20, 35, 56, 84, 120, 165, ...
Apply the knowledge above to solve the following problem.
2. Josh wants to save $165.00 to buy a new iPod nano. He plans to save $1 the first month, $3 the second month, $6 the third month, and $10 the fourth month. If Josh continues this savings pattern, how many months will it take Josh to save $165.00?
A. 5 months
B. 7 months
C. 9 months
D. 13 months
3. Fiona took a rectangular piece of paper and folded it in half. Then, she folded it in half again. If the paper is folded in half three more times, how many sections will there be when Fiona completely unfolds it?
4. Mike used some shapes to balance the scale shown above. Based on the scale, which of the following is also true?
5. A rabbit, a squirrel, and a hamster eat more than two squirrels eat. A rabbit eats more than a hamster eats. According to the information just given, which of the following is true?
A. Two rabbits eat more than one squirrel eats.
B. One squirrel eats as much as two hamsters eat.
C. One rabbit eats more than one squirrel eats
D. One rabbit eats less than one hamster eats.
Quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo toàn bộ BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 9 đề thi số 2 năm học 2013
bằng cách đăng nhập vào Website eLib.vn nhé!