Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 9 đề thi số 4 năm học 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. Each image in each of the following sets represents a fraction. Which set has the same numerator in each fraction? (Do not simplify.)
2. Quincy has a set of decimals that can be changed into reduced fractional form to produce a sequence in which the denominators always increase. Which of the following sets belongs to Quincy?
A. 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05
B. 0.005, 0.05, 0.5, 5
C. 0.25, 0.025, 0.24, 0.024
D. 2, 0.2, 0.02, 0.002
3. Michael used a balance to measure the weights of the triangles, squares, and circles in his shape box. Based on the equations shown above, which of the following statements is also true? (Objects of the same shape have the same weight.)
4. Mr. Hammond asked his class, “Does 2 divide into 435 evenly?” Four students gave answers, but only one was correct. Who answered correctly?
A. Mia answered, “Yes, because the first digit is even, so it divides evenly.”
B. Payton answered, “Yes, because if you add up all the digits in 435, the sum is even, so it divides evenly.”
C. Julie answered, “No, because the last digit in 435 is odd, so it will not divide evenly.”
D. Max answered, “No, because 435 is not a factor of 2.”
5. Alyssa wants to put a wallpaper border around the top of her bedroom walls. Her room is rectangular and is 12 ft long, 11 ft wide, and 8 ft tall. How many feet of border should she purchase in order to have just enough to go around the top of the walls?
A. 23 ft
B. 46 ft
C. 132 ft
D. 1,056 ft
6. Mrs. Sun wrote out the numbers above on the board. She asked Kylee to come to the board and circle the numbers that are divisible by 6. Which numbers should Kylee circle?
A. 54, 62, 72, 77, and 84
B. 54, 72, 84, and 93
C. 54, 66, 72, and 84
D. 54, 66, 72, 84, and 93
7. Tim is thinking of a 5-digit number that is divisible by 3. Which of the following could be Tim’s number?
8. Donny wants to put carpet on the floor of his tree house. He bought 35 sq ft of old carpet at a garage sale. How should Donny figure out if he has enough carpet to cover the floor of his tree house?
A. Compare ( 5 ft + 6 ft ) to 35 sq ft.
B. Compare ( 5 ft × 6 ft ) to 35 sq ft.
C. Compare ( 5 ft + 6 ft + 5 ft + 6 ft ) to 35 sq ft.
D. Compare ( 5 ft × 6 ft × 5 ft × 6 ft ) to 35 sq ft.
9. Joseph is reading a Harry Potter book that has 270 pages. He needs to read 45 pages each day for the next four days to finish the book. How many pages has he already read?
10. Jessica placed 10 paper clips on one side of a balance scale. Then she placed 2 marbles on the other side of the scale to make it balance. How many paper clips are needed to balance 5 marbles on one side of the scale?
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 5 vòng 9 đề thi số 4 năm học 2012
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.