Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo phần trích dẫn nội dung của đề thi trong bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 12 năm 2012 dưới đây:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. The diagonals divide each figure into two triangles. Which of the figures are always divided into congruent triangles by the diagonal?
A. only the square and rectangle
B. only the rhombus and trapezoid
C. only the square, rectangle and rhombus
D. only the rectangle, rhombus and trapezoid
2. Sheila's flight from Los Angeles to New York departs at 8:12 AM. The flight will take 5 hours. The time in New York is 3 hours later than the time in Los Angeles. What time will it be in New York when Sheila’s airplane lands?
A. 11:12 AM
B. 1:12 PM
C. 3:12 PM
D. 4:12 PM
3. At the start of each soccer season, Lucy uses the diagram shown to help her put lines on the soccer field. Her diagram is torn, and part of the key is missing. She knows that an actual soccer field is 110 yards long. What should the key say?
A. 1 inch = 5 yards
B. 1 inch = 11 yards
C. 1 inch = 22 yards
D. 1 inch = 110 yards
0, 4, 12, 28, . . .
4. A sequence of numbers is shown above. Which describes how to find the next term?
A. Add 8 to the previous term.
B. Add 16 to the previous term.
C. Add 4 to the previous term and then multiply the result by 3.
D. Add 2 to the previous term and then multiply the result by 2.
5. A packing company is changing the size of a shipping carton. The carton is in the shape of a rectangular prism. The height of the carton will be doubled and the width will be tripled. By what scale factor will the volume of the original carton increase?
6. Jim divided –2 by an integer and his result was between –1 and 0. Which integer could have been the divisor?
7. If two sides of the triangle above have lengths 5 and 6, the perimeter of the triangle could be which of the following? (Note: Figure not drawn to scale)
D. all of them
8. Victor wants to expand his rectangular-shaped garage. The garage is 7 feet wide and 15 feet long. He plans to double the width and make no changes to the length. How does doubling the width affect the area of the garage?
A. The area doubles.
B. The area is 4 times more.
C. The area increases by 7 feet.
D. The area increases by 14 feet.
9. The stem-and-leaf plot above shows the high temperatures for 1 month. What does the third line of the data represent?
A. 5°, 6°, and 7° are the high temperatures for week 2 of the month.
B. The high temperatures of 2°, 5°, 6°, and 7° occurred this month.
C. The high temperatures of 25°, 26°, and 27° occurred this month.
D. 5°, 6°, and 7° are the high temperatures that occurred twice in the month.
10. Mack drove his car 240 miles in 4 hours. He continued to drive at the same rate. How many hours will it take him to drive another 360 miles?
Bạn có thể tải miễn phí BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 12 năm 2012
này về máy để tham khảo phục vụ việc giảng dạy hay học tập đạt hiệu quả hơn.