Đây là một đoạn trích hay trong BST Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 5 năm 2012. Mời quý thầy cô và các em tham khảo:
Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất cho những câu hỏi dưới đây.
The naturalist points out a tree stump left when a tree was cut down. A diagram of the end of the stump is shown above.
1. Based on the illustration above, what could you infer?
A. The tree most likely was cut from a mature forest.
B. The tree most likely was a Douglas fir.
C. The tree most likely lived through a drought.
D. The tree most likely grew close to another tree.
2. You ask the naturalist what changes to the ecosystem occur when a forest is clearcut. The naturalist replies that an immediate change to the ecosystem is what?
A. the loss of habitat for animals
B. the loss of nutrients in the soil
C. the increased danger of forest fires
D. the increased underbrush growth
The naturalist takes out his field guide and shows you a graph as shown above. The graph was made by taking measurements from the centre of a tree stump to the outer ring for each year of the tree's growth.
3. Between the 6th year and 10th year, how high did the tree grow approximately?
A. 1.5 mm
B. 5.5 mm
C. 10 mm
D. 21 mm
4. A tight metal lid on a glass jar of pickles may loosen when the lid is held under hot running water. What's the reason for this?
A. Because the hot water causes the glass jar to contract more than the metal lid.
B. Because the hot water causes the metal lid to contract more than the glass jar.
C. Because the hot water causes the glass jar to expand more than the metal lid.
D. Because the hot water causes the metal lid to expand more than the glass jar.
5. Look at the picture above. Which item would this magnet most likely be able to pick up?
A. steel paperclip
B. aluminum foil
C. gold ring
D. copper penny
6. Sue said that cactuses grow only in dry sand. Julie said cactuses will grow in any kind of dry soil. By which means can they decide who is right?
A. planting many kinds of plants in dry sand
B. planting cactuses in different kinds of dry soil, including sand
C. giving different amounts of water to many kinds of plants, including cactuses
D. giving a lot of water to cactuses planted in sand
7. Katie sent a soccer ball toward Andy on a flat field. The ball started moving because of which force?
A. her kick
D. air inside the ball
8. What is produced by photosynthesis?
9. Aaron has the two objects above. One object is an iron ball on a stick. The other is an iron ring on a stick. At room temperature, the ball just barely passes through the ring as shown above. When the ball is heated, it cannot pass through the ring. Which statement best explains why this happens?
A. The ball expands.
B. The ball contracts.
C. The ring contracts.
D. The ball stays the same.
10. Which characteristic would best keep an invertebrate that lives on the seashore from drying out during low tides?
A. hard body covering
B. white fur
C. dark skin
D. large claws
Để xem đầy đủ tài liệu này, quý thầy cô và các em học sinh vui lòng download bộ sưu tập Đề thi Olympic Tiếng Anh lớp 6 vòng 5 năm 2012
và xem thêm các tài liệu khác. Chúc quý thầy cô giáo giảng dạy hay, các em học tập tốt.